Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just like the sports commentars said he call with kesler was more of a make-up penalty for the hit on bieksa that they didn't cal than anything. Because yah kesler sold it but technically it was a penalty just got imbelished abit. But thats what good teams do they get the other team to take penalties. The hit on bieksa should of hands down been a penalty and the reff's messed up and they felt that they were making up for it.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's your guys take on skaters spraying the goalie with ice? They were talking about it the other day on Versus but I missed their comments. Personally, if they do it during a save opportunity or immediately afterwards then i'm fine with it but doing it 3-5 seconds afterwards, I don't like it. I've seen it happen that way quite a few times this year in the playoffs and I think it shows a lack of sportsmanship.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's your guys take on skaters spraying the goalie with ice? They were talking about it the other day on Versus but I missed their comments. Personally, if they do it during a save opportunity or immediately afterwards then i'm fine with it but doing it 3-5 seconds afterwards, I don't like it. I've seen it happen that way quite a few times this year in the playoffs and I think it shows a lack of sportsmanship.
If it is our team doing the spraying it is ok . If it is the other team spraying they should get a penalty!!j/k
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------i GO Canucks

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It is all about the timing imo. If delayed like you said shows poor sportsmanship, although probably fairly effective at getting under the skin of the goalie. They were talking about that last night during the game (cant remember if it was in between periods or not)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You right about getting under their skin, seen some pretty good retaliatory shots taken because of it. What did they (sportscasters) have to say about it?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You right about getting under their skin, seen some pretty good retaliatory shots taken because of it. What did they (sportscasters) have to say about it?

Don cherry said if it happened in the days of the enforcer the guy would be in the hospital!!He blames it on the instigator rule.

zduck14

Reaction score
Don cherry said if it happened in the days of the enforcer the guy would be in the hospital!!He blames it on the instigator rule.

And he's exactly right. The instigator rule has had more of an effect on the game of hockey than any other rule. Drop the instigator rule, employ guys like Odjick and Semenko and there would be very few guys like Matt Cooke running around and the head shots would be less of an issue.

As for the penalty calls last night, come on you guys, get real. The reffing has been atrocious for years now. It hasn't been just one game or one series, it goes back many years. I honestly believe the worst reffed game in history is still game 6 of the '94 finals when Messier was allowed to run around guys from behind and hack and slash Linden at will.

The penalty in overtime last night, no matter how you look at it, was the right call. Would I have called it in overtime in such a big game? Probably not. But because Weber's stick was up around Kesler's waist to begin with, it was a penalty. Sure Kesler embellished it a bit, but you guys can't honestly tell me that he's the only player that does this. On top of this, there should have been a call on Smithson for hitting Bieksa from behind. Not a major or anything but he hit Bieksa in the numbers and it should have been a penalty.

And to Cyle, where do you get off calling guys like Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa dirty players? You obviously haven't watched this team play at all this year or you would realize that they've all changed there game and are right at the top of the league with Detroit as the classiest team in the NHL right now. I bet you're one of those guys that thinks Hamhuis is a "head hunter" after one shot to bolland (the same guy that had taken cheap shot after cheap shot all series), right?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And he's exactly right. The instigator rule has had more of an effect on the game of hockey than any other rule. Drop the instigator rule, employ guys like Odjick and Semenko and there would be very few guys like Matt Cooke running around and the head shots would be less of an issue.

As for the penalty calls last night, come on you guys, get real. The reffing has been atrocious for years now. It hasn't been just one game or one series, it goes back many years. I honestly believe the worst reffed game in history is still game 6 of the '94 finals when Messier was allowed to run around guys from behind and hack and slash Linden at will.

The penalty in overtime last night, no matter how you look at it, was the right call. Would I have called it in overtime in such a big game? Probably not. But because Weber's stick was up around Kesler's waist to begin with, it was a penalty. Sure Kesler embellished it a bit, but you guys can't honestly tell me that he's the only player that does this. On top of this, there should have been a call on Smithson for hitting Bieksa from behind. Not a major or anything but he hit Bieksa in the numbers and it should have been a penalty.

And to Cyle, where do you get off calling guys like Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa dirty players? You obviously haven't watched this team play at all this year or you would realize that they've all changed there game and are right at the top of the league with Detroit as the classeist team in the NHL right now. I bet you're one of those guys that thinks Hamhuis is a "head hunter" after one shot to bolland (the same guy that had taken cheap shot after cheap shot all series), right?
I remember that series well.What a heartbreaker

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And to Cyle, where do you get off calling guys like Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa dirty players? You obviously haven't watched this team play at all this year or you would realize that they've all changed there game and are right at the top of the league with Detroit as the classiest team in the NHL right now. I bet you're one of those guys that thinks Hamhuis is a "head hunter" after one shot to bolland (the same guy that had taken cheap shot after cheap shot all series), right?

well put!!! :beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You lucky bugger if the nucks win the cup i'll bet money that it ends up in smithers for a visit as hamhuis will bring it there.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah right, Raffi Torres is a model player........................tff!!:d

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah right, Raffi Torres is a model player........................tff!!:d

quite honestly aside from the head shot against the Oiler and the one in question against the Hawks, torres was not know to be a dirty player. Even against the Preds he has been good.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't expect you to side with me on that one, your a Canucks fan and i'd expect nothing less.;)

I still think the series goes 7 games and mainly because of Rinne.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't f*ck with them!;):d

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't expect you to side with me on that one, your a Canucks fan and i'd expect nothing less.;)

I still think the series goes 7 games and mainly because of Rinne.

But of course :d:d:beer::beer: But even when he played with the Oilers I never had that impression.

As for how many games, if it wasn't for Rinne we would be not be so stressed out :)

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha. that is funny!:p:p

We just have to hope our team doesn't get frustrated and lose focus.I think 6 BUT only because of rinne, otherwise I agree they would be blowouts. They are being outplayed, outhussled, outshot, outhit, etc....If the Sedins get on track and follow Kesler .....WATCH out.:d:d:p:p;);):beer:

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just have to hope our team doesn't get frustrated and lose focus.I think 6 BUT only because of rinne, otherwise I agree they would be blowouts. They are being outplayed, outhussled, outshot, outhit, etc....If the Sedins get on track and follow Kesler .....WATCH out.:d:d:p:p;);):beer:

X2 on that. The canucks are playing with heart.

Top Bottom