Valemount Dec 15 & 16

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount. Rode Clemina Friday and Saturday. Friday, the trail up was brutal but no trail fee so I guess it all worked out. Snowed HARD all day, couldn't get above the first clearing before Goats. Tree and meadow riding all day in 3 feet of fresh. Creeks are not frozen yet, watch yourself. Saturday dawned clear and cool, trail was groomed and we just ripped the crap out of the area until dark. Danger was as far back as we dared to go, too much snow for our wimpy little 800 144's. Lots of big boys and new sleds to drool over, hot tub is still hot, food is still marginal. Oh well, it's only 5 hours from home.

Enjoy.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see you made it,great site great people!
catmando!:Welcome:

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the update. Sounds good!

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Answers to most of your questions: Snow is good, especially for this time of year, grooming program is showing signs of being reasonable this season. As all early season conditions, they vary from day to day, still too early to really go exploring in the cutblocks, creek bottoms etc. Pictures: no damn it, forgot the &^^%$ camera at home, Doug said he would have killed to get a shot of the sidehill antics on Saturday. Some decent shots are on Snowest from some of the guys out on Saturday. Ran into a group from Manitoba. Yep, Manitoba. Thats about it. Headed out after New Years, not into the crowds we normally see around Christmas.

As a side note, its probably not of much interest to the people here but I do the beginner mountain sledding teacher and guide thing. Flatlanders and newbies welcome.

Later

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
MXOldtimer, thanks for the update, maybe you can post a link to the photo's for us so we don't have to search to hard. We want to see Photo's.

I would suggest doing a seperate post explaining the services you offer. There are a lot of people that want to go to the Mountains and are not comfortable with the idea.
Let them know you are there to help.

Cheers

O-Rock

Reaction score
Stevo, you still thinking about Valemount? Kevin just bought an M1000 and he's trying to talk me into going shortly after Christmas. What do you think?

Stevo

Reaction score
Stevo, you still thinking about Valemount? Kevin just bought an M1000 and he's trying to talk me into going shortly after Christmas. What do you think?

Soonest I can go is Jan. 27,28,29 after we get back from the DR. That work for you?

Top Bottom