Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank You , i just read it then changed the post, need to find where i can reserve beacons?

I have sent you a pm on locations for beacon rentals.

If you are planning on attending the family poker run, a beacon is not needed as we are lower valley trail riding only and not crossing anything close to a path, although it is good practice to carry the gear.

Anyone seen this ? I hope we get what is calling for !

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sent you a pm on locations for beacon rentals.

If you are planning on attending the family poker run, a beacon is not needed as we are lower valley trail riding only and not crossing anything close to a path, although it is good practice to carry the gear.

Anyone seen this ? I hope we get what is calling for !

Thank You very much the Good people at Alpine did our group a great one, Sandra they lady i spoke to not only reserved them but she is also will to come in after hours to let us pick them up or come in a bit early so we can head out.

BonBon

Reaction score
Anybody have a general idea of usual snow conditions for March in Valemount? Going March 11, 12, 13 and was wondering if snow is good then? Never been so hoping for some good stuff to play and learn in!! :)

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depsnolvr or 2manykids... can one ofd you post the list of beacon rental places. We have a group of 6 heading out in a couple weeks and 4 of us have the gear 2 dont. Like to get the info ahead of time for the guys going.

You can PM me the lists if you like. Thanks

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These seem to be the ones ppl have talked about

Im sure Alpine would let you reserve
250-566-9774

Shell Mighty Mart
250-566-9837

P&V Convienance
250-566-9977

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still lightly snowing here in town, with the mountains completely socked in with falling snow:d Truckers are reporting 8" on the highway a few km south of town

Looks like it will be a great weekend of riding

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a first hand report of how much snow fell up top this week. The forcast was calling for lots, just wonding if it actually played out the way they thought it would.

Spanky

Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount and there is lots of snow. Rode North Thompson FSR Road on Tuesday trying to find our way to the Alpine with no luck. Went about 45 miles back, at around 26 miles no one had been back anyfurther and there was about 2 feet of snow on the road which was fun to ride in. Wednesday we rode Chappell and the snow was incredible, only if we could see. The trail up was smooth with about 8" of fresh on it all the way up. Tread very carefully, the snow was falling off the sides of the trails both days as we were riding up. The crust is very noticeable under the fresh snow fall. I recommend going to Chappell this weekend for anyone going out with the big meadows and the new snow fall it should be great. We left few tracks Wednesday with the clouds being socked in.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chappel is the one you can get to from climina right?? headin that way wednesday. lookin to find some deep fresh stuff

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are good up in the alpine. No worthy pics as it was socked in and snowing all weekend.

Lots of fresh tracks to be had out there, but the wind is also moving the snow around like crazy

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The staging area for Chappell Creek is located on the west side of Highway 5, fifty-eight kilometres south of Valemount. The groomed access route is 26 km long and delivers its visitors a scenic ride on a trail of forest roads and cut areas. The last 6 km of the trail takes riders on an intermediate-level climb into the alpine. Please note that there is no warming hut in this area. Once entering the alpine visitors are met with the largest amounts of snow that the valley’s geography holds and a large area of meadows and bowls. Chappell is truly a deep snow lovers dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom