Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, its starting to warm up a bit around these parts. The weather man is calling for some snow for Friday, so Im keeping my fingers crossed as we need it badly.

We have not recieved fresh snow worth speaking of in over two weeks, although the cold weather has left us with some great trails.

From VALEMOUNT AND VARDA to all of you

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Play safe this holiday season

hopswelding84

Reaction score
We went to Allen Creek on the weekend, the trail up was good. The snow was tracked up but we found some good snow at the very back and down in the trees by the cabin. So if you look for it you can find it

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work Curtis. Merry Christmas to you and the family.

:party2:

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curt...gonna be in town on the 26th for four days of riding...PM with your number. Come ride with us, gavin will be down on the 28th. Wanna check out the new area...

cheers.

curtis

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any fresh in the last little while? We are staying in Valemount but it is looking like we might have to go to McBride to get good snow?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, a busy holiday season, sorry about the slow reports

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, The Clemina and Allan Creek snowmobiling areas will be groomed throughout the Holiday week
( Nights of Dec 28-31), and throughout the following weekend.

Although close, Currently we do not have the lower elevation snow to groom the Chappell Creek or new Keyhole trails.

CAUTION: The Allan Creek snowmobile trail has a very thin base resulting in icy sections around some corners. Due to ice we may only be able to groom 7 out of 9km. Use caution on this trail and beginners are recommended to use the Clemina riding area

We have received some fresh snow and the riding is getting better although, we still have a fairly thin base so watch for open creeks, rocks and other obstacles that can ruin your day.

Allan had some good snow on Saturday with a fresh 6" in the parking lot in the morning. Just over a foot of fresh could be found in the Clemina Alpine yesterday with even better tree riding.

Fresh snow in the Forcast all week, YAHOO !

Some pics from Clemina when the weather was decent, nothing from Allan as it was blowing/snowing all day

Attachments

• CIMG3199.jpg
    CIMG3199.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 49
  • CIMG3195.JPG
    CIMG3195.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG3201.jpg
    CIMG3201.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG3206.jpg
    CIMG3206.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 55

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an important reminder to know your terrain before thinking you are a climbing GOD.

I had to downsize the pic to get it to fit, but zoom in and you will see the line that an unsuspecting fellow had to ride down after thinking he could climb to the top of GOAT RIDGE. He rode it out, believe it or not(I think I would have jumped), but the sled did not fair so well after the rock gardens.

Please "Know before you GO"

Attachments

• CIMG3204.JPG
    CIMG3204.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 136

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only been out to Vale twice. Where is Goat Ridge located? Hate being the new guy in an area and going "watch me climb this" Then how the Heck do I get down!!!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was sent to me via Blackberry from Quakes, 12:30 pm local time today on top of Clemina! Waiting for the big stuck pics, as he says the powder is waist deep...if you look for it !!!!...:d

...not much but beats working here @ home!!!..:cool:

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Attachments

• IMG00093.jpg
    IMG00093.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 219

sheldon11

Reaction score
wow the blackberry works up on clemina? has anyone else used a cell phone and got out from clemina?

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow the blackberry works up on clemina? has anyone else used a cell phone and got out from clemina?

Worked on boulder as well! Sent and received emails on & off from higher elevations most of the trip! Probably won't work when actually needed though so hopefully the "GREEN" guys don't rely on it as a life saving tool !!!!!! .:nono:

CHEERS!!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
URGENT: Due to ice, we are unable to get the groomer up the Allan Creek trail this evening.

We are working on something for tomorrow to get it done for Wednesday, but no promisses yet.

See above post for other info

Very sorry for the inconvenience, especially this time of year, I will update tomorrow.

NOTE: if anyone is in the area and has a moment to help out tomorrow moring for about an hour +- at Allan Creek, pm me your #. I may need to remove a few snags on the old trail and need supervision with the saw work.
c

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
URGENT: Due to ice, we are unable to get the groomer up the Allan Creek trail this evening.

We are working on something for tomorrow to get it done for Wednesday, but no promisses yet.

See above post for other info

Very sorry for the inconvenience, especially this time of year, I will update tomorrow.

NOTE: if anyone is in the area and has a moment to help out tomorrow moring for about an hour +- at Allan Creek, pm me your #. I may need to remove a few snags on the old trail and need supervision with the saw work.
c

Guess i better take the kids elsewhere on wed???

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another shot from X-Rated & Quakes, 11:30 local. Damn Blackberries! Needs a better Quality camera!!!...:d

Come on guys........wheres the stuck or carnage???? ..:d

CHEERS!!!

Attachments

• IMG00039.jpg
    IMG00039.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 517
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom