Valemount Conditions and Updates 2023 2024

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hope they get some decent snow for the next few weeks booked Feb 24-25 for my first trip. Was booked for the swan hills rally but don't think that will happen. Starting to workout now as I need to be in better shape and my body needs to have no issues before I try a easy ride, Yes an easy ride for me.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the weekend!

Things sure have been tropical around here. We appreciate all of the calls and messages inquiring about our trails. It can be tough to keep up.

The good news is our grooming program has been running this entire time. We are trying to preserve the lower snow the best we can so we have been very gentle down low.

The first 4km of the Clemina Creek trail are very thin and likely have bare patches. Please use caution.

Allan and Chappell are still full coverage for now.

The alpine snow is wet and spring like currently.

The temperatures look to be cooling off during the evenings for the next while and this will help with the lower trails. There is even a hint at the possibility of some fresh snow next week.

You can always find the latest grooming updates on our website at ridevalemount.com

A day on a mountain is still better than a day spent anywhere else. Ride safe all and thank you for riding #valemount

Callele88

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates from Friday or Saturday? Supposed to head out on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates from Friday or Saturday? Supposed to head out on Wednesday.

Alpine temp has been super warm and has caused the snow to be bad to ride on. Hard like cement. The lower level is wet snow and you could say it's so wet it's like slush. Need temp to get cooler and a reload of snow. Spring conditions

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home 2 days ago. Rode Chappel on Thursday. Snow sucks. Don’t go west until they get a reload. Fernie or Golden or Revy would be my best guess. Snow was super hard and tracked out. Trails are ice and gravel at the valley bottom. Chappel was good enough to see and get around and explore. Went to McBride the next day to Lucille to chase the sun. It wasn’t any better for snow.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished riding the weekend. Rode blue sat and allen sunday today.

Both areas need a reload very badly. Trails are melting away quick. Thanks to varda for an awesome trail up allen today that was a treat after blue river trails. To sum up the riding in all areas in the valley it was mashed potato down low and solid ice up top with a greasy potato sandwhich underneath.

Fingers crossed it dumps a chit ton because its much needed.

Still had an awesome weekend as always in both areas but dam… its feb…

Attachments

• IMG_6276.jpeg
    IMG_6276.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 133

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home 2 days ago. Rode Chappel on Thursday. Snow sucks. Don’t go west until they get a reload. Fernie or Golden or Revy would be my best guess. Snow was super hard and tracked out. Trails are ice and gravel at the valley bottom. Chappel was good enough to see and get around and explore. Went to McBride the next day to Lucille to chase the sun. It wasn’t any better for snow.

Your best guess for Fernie isn't all that right. Trails are solid ice and or gravel. Tons of locals are not riding. Creeks are open. Reports that I have seen is its rock solid up top with a base of 95cms

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few cms of dry fluffy snow have hit the valley bottom over the last two days. It is not adding up to much but ever little bit counts for our lower access trails.

We are asking for a bit of help from the users of the Allan Creek area. This trail is thin and is beginning show ice in some spots. That is not good for our groomer. Please avoid spinning and dragging brakes at all costs. Ride the trail in a smooth and consistent manner, not like a monkey on meth.

The more help we get with this, the larger hope we have of saving that trail for the groomer.

Thanks all

IMG_6516.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phazer would have likely passed both of those in that sweet DEEP!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a Phazer, the hood is flat, while the Exciter hood had a good hump.
Yes the Phazer would had passed both.
I owned both the Phazer and Exciter at one time in the mid 80's.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the places i went on my well my dads exciter back in the day. i think i was braver back then but the "mountains" i climbed then were like small blips today. kind of glad i didnt have the power in the sled i do now back then, might not be around today!

Top Bottom