Valemount Conditions and Updates 2020 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just headed west guys. Going through Edson and it’s raining. What’s it doing up top? Snow soggy with rain? I’m so depressed on the change in forecast

thanks in advance
Seems to have dumped up top. Hard to say what the trails are like though.

f0d555195d96969da071cf0a8b407e65.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just headed west guys. Going through Edson and it’s raining. What’s it doing up top? Snow soggy with rain? I’m so depressed on the change in forecast

thanks in advance

looking at the allan creek web camera it certainly didnt rain up top, but i would be concerned what it did to the already icy trail

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at the allan creek web camera it certainly didnt rain up top, but i would be concerned what it did to the already icy trail
I said that to the boys. Instead of packing extra fuel, might have to pack a sand bag for the ice. Looks like cooler temps are coming.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd imagine the bit of traction that was available this past weekend to would be next to nothing now. :eek: Hopefully the snow starts moving in at lower elevations. A guy is gonna need to order up some track studs!:rolleyes:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to shy anyone from riding Allan but until they get more snow or the cat come push snow down over icy sections expect a ****show to get in. It’s obtainable but took our group of 5, one hour to get to cabin last thursday. Couple groups turned around with broken steering post. And not to my knowledge the cat wouldn’t attempt on the old trail.Looks like someone already jumped the gate to get easy access. Only going to mess the rest of the season with decisions like that.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allan was set and groomed today. We are hoping to have Chappell on line for Thursday. Please practice the #paysafe protocols in the attached image for a safe and smooth trailhead transaction.

Its also more important this year than ever to REMOVE ALL of your garbage from the cabins if you must use them to warm up.

Please respect this request.... a happy groomer is a good groomer.

Attachments

• Dec 08 Grooming and Trail Update-page-001.jpg
    Dec 08 Grooming and Trail Update-page-001.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 694
  • PAY SAFE.docx-page-001.jpg
    PAY SAFE.docx-page-001.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 696

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ love that video.... according to half of the social media trolls thats the "gated trail" LOL. I think there is a linch mob after this poor guy. Looks like a great group of riders making the best of a ****ty situation and helping each other out.

Hopefully now that some grooming has begun we can go back to being nice to each other and be respectful backcountry users.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what are the rules for out of province sledders. Can we come ride YES or NO?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Chappelle today. Quite a few guys were up there. There are patches here and there with untouched. But for the most part. She needs a reload.
Lake was slushy in spots.
Trail was smooth for the most part. Some rough patches. Lots of icy patches. Pretty much every corner was slick.

Probed 150cm just up from the creek.
Was a blue bird day. Had a wicked view of Robson.

Witnessed on guy choppering out a sled by the lake.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how deep the lake at chapel is and when it’s good to ride over? We were there end of Nov and no one had rode over it.

Levithan

Reaction score

Hmm, wonder if the guy was hurt or alone?
Towed a sled with broken bars out from the back of chapple all the way to the truck last season.
Would never pay over a grand to chopper my sled out if it could be towed.

Last edited by a moderator:

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen on face book that it had motor problems and couldn’t get the whole group to help get it out due to scheduling. So they just called a chopper in to recover. Nothing exciting but a broke sled.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmm, wonder if the guy was hurt or alone?
Towed a sled with broken bars out from the back of chapple all the way to the truck last season.
Would never pay over a grand to chopper my sled out if it could be towed.

That was our group. Sled died at sunset. No way to get it out and through the creeks

I would like to send a big shout out to the Fkn assholes that stole the Jerry can and cut the DSS key off the Dash.
Not sure what else is missing haven’t been able to see it yet

Honestly never gave it a thought someone would mess with it

UNBELIEVABLE. !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom