Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CURTIS whats the report for this weekend, hows the snow looking.. i wanna go but only if iam gonna have some fresh to play in .

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CURTIS whats the report for this weekend, hows the snow looking.. i wanna go but only if iam gonna have some fresh to play in .

with weather like this you better hurry up. WOW what a beautiful morning

members reported up to 30cm yesterday in Clemina from the recent rain with 20 users in the area. I cannot speak for the other areas, but you should know to expect the same.

Ride Safe and make the right choices to bring you home this weekend.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, what an amazing day. Riders are reporting up to 30cm of fresh snow from this week.

CHAPPELL, ALLAN and CLEMINA will all be regroomed tonight for the weekend.

Ride safe and make smart choices to get you back home !

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the parking lots holding up Curits. Still good snow down low on the lot & trails?
Wont be down for another week. Just wondering how it all doing?

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just there. Lots are gravel but trails all snow. Spring conditions so first bit of trail never sets up. But alls good otherwise!! Good job VARDA. All your hard work is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, as of yesterday the lots are gravel or pavement in some cases. The trails are in excellent shape and begin immediately at the toll booths.

It looks to be snowing again on the mountain this morning and this is a forecast any spring sledder would love:d

Ride Safe, Ride Smart. A day of sledding is no fun if you dont make it back to talk about it with your family and friends.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allen creek on thursday it was actually really good with the most fresh in the area. Friday was a great day in the grail. snow was a little more set up than farther north but was awsome, may have only been a dozen sleds in there all day. Saturday we went into west ridge, trail in was still in really good shape except the powerline portion is done. There were only two other sleds in there beside our bunch.
Large Avy activity was apparent in all areas. With new snow on the way, tread very carefully

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode chappel saturday and allan sunday. blue bird on saturday found some good snow but looks like alot of peopel rode friday. socked in and snowing in allan today but found some deecent snow. i have an injury. off the the doc tommorow LOL.
save yourself before your sled LOL. also watched some more idiots highmarking above one another. check the bulletins!!

didnt take many pics. to busy unstucking myself.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope your arm feels better. Man you dont even need to check the reports, all you need to do is look around. slides everywhere. the west side of the first lake in westridge came down hard sometime in the last few days. debris field went half way across the lake.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope your arm feels better. Man you dont even need to check the reports, all you need to do is look around. slides everywhere. the west side of the first lake in westridge came down hard sometime in the last few days. debris field went half way across the lake.

thanks.

just like last year that face cleared accoss the lake. your right just take a look around. get on a high spot and you can see slides for miles

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Millage on Friday......

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those pics of milage on fri chadwick74 arent in the riding area right? or are they

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, we met a guy up there that day that said it used to be open for sleds, but now is Out of Bounds! I remember seeing heli-skiers going down that valley in the 2nd pic last year. :eek: The guy had a wicked sled and said he pulled out of that valley right by the two pegs you see. I think the machine he was riding that day was 320HP+ he said!!!:d Was a great SAFE day in Millage!!!!

Bowen

Reaction score
Keep a close eye on the Renshaw also. That was me you talked to on Chappel. Pulled that hill back in 1994 with a much smaller mod than I was riding Friday:d:d. Friday was a great day, lots of sun and played safe. Probably a good thing that area (lower lake and north of the above flags)has been taken over by the skiers as it has very high avalanch danger for unsuspecting peeps. Rode the Renshaw on Saturday. Bluebird day, went out the northeast corner and put on 145 km. There was also slides in areas that usually don't move to much. Stay off the big hills and out of terrian traps. Lots of safe sledding left yet in all areas, pay attention to surroundings and insure the sleds parked watching are in a safe area:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom