Utility atv riding boots???

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tired of just wearing hiking boots. Interested in the fox comp 5 offroad boot with the aggresive sole or the mxrx boots. Anyone have any experience with these boots or any other atv boot. I want to be able to get off the quad and walk around, but at the same time get a waterproof and gripped sole.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave up on rubber boots years ago...come home with bashed up shins, sore toes and aching feet all the time. I've had a couple of pairs of Thor Quadrant boots and really like 'em. They're cheaper than the ones you're looking at, but suit my needs OK. Make sure you get the "ATV sole"...I accidentally ordered a pair online that had the smooth MX sole and it really makes walking to set a winch line an adventure. Hehehe

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave up on rubber boots years ago...come home with bashed up shins, sore toes and aching feet all the time. I've had a couple of pairs of Thor Quadrant boots and really like 'em. They're cheaper than the ones you're looking at, but suit my needs OK. Make sure you get the "ATV sole"...I accidentally ordered a pair online that had the smooth MX sole and it really makes walking to set a winch line an adventure. Hehehe

next time get tex to come get the winch line hehe

ya need some ankle support, and rubber boots just don't have the protection. kudos Dave.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends where you ride? I wear chest waders as I would have wet feet, legs, and ass it less than ten minutes otherwise. I guess fender flares might help! lol

TB

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends where you ride? I wear chest waders as I would have wet feet, legs, and ass it less than ten minutes otherwise. I guess fender flares might help! lol

TB

get a scubba suit, hehe. i'll put up with a little wet but twisted ankles just hurt to friggin much. but everyone has there own likes. etc.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have MX boots for riding my bike but I guess i am a sucker for free beer when someone needs to wade in to get a winch line or to see if the river is too deep!

TB

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Muck Boots they are like a neoprene breathable 100% waterproof rubber boot but with awesome grip. Not much for ankle support but you can wear them all day quading, walking etc. and at the end of the day your feet aren't sore and are bone dry

nd4spd

Reaction score
in the winter and on the dry Montana trail rides I wear a set of mountainering boots; not the cheap trail hiking boots; they have tons of support and are pretty much waterproof; they were in the 500$ so MX boots are cheaper.. hip waders in the summer as I hate having wet feet or worrying about stepping into a hole

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trusty chest waders. I get a kick out of the looks I get when I put them on, but not for long when someone gets stuck in that first big hole.:p

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
next time get tex to come get the winch line hehe

ya need some ankle support, and rubber boots just don't have the protection. kudos Dave.

When Dave fell in there I was busy with my own nuts deep hole-creek.

Chest waders for this guy. Even for a quick rip. Cause the last quick rip I was left with squeshy toes and legs

sent from my htc

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When Dave fell in there I was busy with my own nuts deep hole-creek.

Chest waders for this guy. Even for a quick rip. Cause the last quick rip I was left with squeshy toes and legs

sent from my htc
Hahaha...the only parts on me dry after my swim was my feet!

Reaction score
i have a pair of Thor Atv boots bought them off denniskirk really cheap and awesome can just slam out my foot and no worries about breaking my ankle when i'm on 45's ( trying not to flip) they arn't totally water proof but my feet get so hot when i ride that i dont mind cool water now and then

dasboot

Reaction score
Muck boots here myself................ waterproofand breathable bibs, gators and dry from the chest down always.................

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the |Motor Fist stomper boots.They are listed as a snowmobile boot but they are lite weight and not bulky and waterproof.A real nice all around boot

Top Bottom