Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what the discussion was, same rules of the road apply.
Lane change or pulling in front of someone is clearly at fault.
Speed is irrelevant

ya.

its been along time since my mountain sled went that fast ( never ) but the fastest i had it going even with my gogles on i just remember watering eyes and blurs. could easily miss a white blob going that fast

Dragin

Reaction score
Yeah if that isn't an argument against owning an all-white sled than I don't know what is.

So I guess you don't like to ride around white snow covered trees?

This just proves that people need to open their friggin eyes or get the hell off the machine!

The guy on the XF must have been texting while riding.

Dragin

Reaction score
the one thing no matter what ur riding or driving is its not you u have to watch for but the other guy .... the guy that hit him is at more fault .... but he did turn into the guy...

if it were on a road with cars for example .... he turned into a lane and got brodd sided .... the guy that turned into the lane is at fault...

just saying that it many come down to that in court cause thats the way it goes by the traffic laws

It's not a roadway it's a long straight field traffic laws mean nothing out here. Since when did you ever have to show proof of a license or know traffic laws to ride a sled?

The guy on the XF should have let off or hit his brakes. He made no attempt to avoid. If the guy on the 800 had been killed the XF rider would be going to jail it's that simple.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see both parties walked away...pretty lucky guys.

I think both guys made some very obvious mistakes here and its easy to judge sitting @ home who is to blame...One thing that bothers me though is the guy on the 1100 turbo seems to be getting alot of flake for driving so fast in a wide open field... Nobody else rides there new 800's and turbo sleds fast?? I know I ride mine wide fu%^ing open most of the time as I'm sure most everyone else does...For those of you that ride around wide open fields @ 20-30kph why not just by yourself a tundra?? Not many people are buying 150+hp sleds and not seeing what they will do. Cheers.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched the video. Showed my wife. Her answer simple. No one was killed. It only metal and some money. I agree as long as nobody going home in a pine box sleds can be fixed or replaced. Some ones life cant be just replaced.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a roadway it's a long straight field traffic laws mean nothing out here. Since when did you ever have to show proof of a license or know traffic laws to ride a sled?

The guy on the XF should have let off or hit his brakes. He made no attempt to avoid. If the guy on the 800 had been killed the XF rider would be going to jail it's that simple.

You might want to do some reading of the Highway Traffic Act if you think the rules of the road don't apply

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like i said before.

Unless its on private land the highway laws apply. U have to have insurance and registration to be legal.

Hope u don't hit me cause if I'm walking u won't be for long buddy..

U would be the xf rider and going to jail for no insurance ect..

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to watch the video about 8 times and the conclusion is.........

Maxwell is responsible. He was the one on the sled that torpedoed the cat, his hatred for Cat's is so strong that he has become the DARK SIDE and will stop at nothing to single handedly rid the world of Cat's........

Clearly the turbo was in heat and the M8 bit off a little more than he could handle. You could see it was gonna happen the mount was all bad.:smiliestirthepot:Good deal no one was hurt bad here. Sure was an expensive video production though Hollywood style breakin chit up. I Doo agree however Maxwell probably was the root cause of the incident.

Last edited:

Dragin

Reaction score
Like i said before.

Unless its on private land the highway laws apply. U have to have insurance and registration to be legal.

Hope u don't hit me cause if I'm walking u won't be for long buddy..

U would be the xf rider and going to jail for no insurance ect..

So now your gonna make threats? Don't be stupid. Your saying I'd be the XF rider and going to jail? If I was the XF rider this thread wouldn't exist cause I woulda slowed down while passing a group.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like both riders had their minds focused on the wrong thing at the right time.I know my self ive been through some things and later say to my self "what the hell was i thinging !!!" Im glad no one was hurt. It would be a good clip to have in a teaching vid on sledding.

x2!! Two cases of dumb if you ask me.

Things happen fast at that speed which is why you always should slow down when coming up on a group of people-especially if the sleds are running indicating they may be moving soon. Also sound is muffled inside a helmet which is why you need to keep your head up and be aware of your surroundings.

That was a totally avoidable accident!! Hopefully everyone learns from this video!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now your gonna make threats? Don't be stupid. Your saying I'd be the XF rider and going to jail? If I was the XF rider this thread wouldn't exist cause I woulda slowed down while passing a group.

No I'm saying if I was the m8 and u where the xf and u didn't have insurance or reg then if i was still walking u wouldn't be.

Too many people that don't have the right stuff and too many bystanders pay for it

Top Bottom