Turbo for a xm?

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Anyone hear of a turbo kit for the xm yet?
Might be a bit early I know but coming off a t nytro Im thinking I'm gona want one at some point.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with the TSS boys or Mountain Magic or Specialty Sleds. I'm sure they are all on it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but theres not even a production sled out.

Guess u guys have Ur panties all up in a bundle eh

Mabe it won't need it

sent from my htc

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chassis, motor position is almost identical as the XP. Just a matter of fitting it under the new cowl/hood configuration. Should be easy peasy.

etecturbo

Reaction score
Ya Mountain Magic is putting a bunch of xm's together running aerochargers, they will make them work>

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0352.jpg Hey nytro, don't need a turbo for your new xm, it is a mountain goat, will keep up and outclimb the nytro turbos any day............You will run out of hill before it stops LMAO:cool:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your not installing it yourself, dont do it, unless you live close to the installer... one must need to understand all that he can when there is issues.... and their will be issues, fuel box of choice would be the deboc, fuel tunning is critical in changing allitudes

as for kits never seen tss run the kit in late season, but did see it early in the season, their was growing pains, trask kit was having issues, and boondockers was laggy and needed some tlc... for me the aero kit was supperior last year, but once again, you need to understand the kit, they all have a learning curve, and a mechanical understanding is a must...

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
if your not installing it yourself, dont do it, unless you live close to the installer... one must need to understand all that he can when there is issues.... and their will be issues, fuel box of choice would be the deboc, fuel tunning is critical in changing allitudes

as for kits never seen tss run the kit in late season, but did see it early in the season, their was growing pains, trask kit was having issues, and boondockers was laggy and needed some tlc... for me the aero kit was supperior last year, but once again, you need to understand the kit, they all have a learning curve, and a mechanical understanding is a must...

Not sure why u would choose the deboc (I am assuming u meant Dobec lol). If one must understand all that one can about a turbo system then one should already know that there are much better and more precise fuel control options out there, ie Boost-it, Boonie etc. I ran a Dobec (Attitude) box on my TM8. Yes it worked great and was easy to tune but there are much better options available now. The Dobec boxes are more crude in their adjustability as compared to Boondocker, Boost-it etc. With the E-Tek I would only go one way, Boost-it, as it does not interfere with the stock fuel injection system. Does the Dobec even have the capability of keeping up with signal processing for the E-Tek's direct injection system?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I had issues the first year understanding the buttons with the dobec fuel controller, but after some seat time it started to be easy to adjust, the only time one needs to adjust is at low elevation or at high elevation.... Meaning that when you start at the truck I hit the red/ green up two lights and go, then around 5000 feet drop to lights and a/ f are back to 13

We also had the trask turbo system that was swapped to the boost it and yes it does more on precise running, but I found it somewhat complicated and maybe just need more seat time to understand it

As for the boondocker stuff , had another buddy at the end of the season install their kit, but he also had some running issues and ended up squeaking the pto side from turning up boost and fuel controller not correcting enought for it.. He also mentioned his a/f was lower than 12 with fuel box running the a/f automaticlly

we found that the etec needs to run in then13 to 13.4 a/f for beat performance.... Very similar to stock a/f numbersnumbers

Top Bottom