Turbo, big bore, or what other mods?

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Got a 2010 xp summit 800 p-tec. Whats worth the money: turbo, 860, 880, or what other engine mods? Which would be the best bang for buck, reliable, ect ect? I got a mbrp stinger right now, and this weekend pullin in about 3ft of powder, clutch set at 3, i was only pullin 35mph track speed and 5500rpm. Set it to 2, and it pulled abit better it seemed and felt. I need more power! (who dosnt lol)

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i was you the first thing i would do is get a better air intake and better clutching. 5500rpm just aint gonna cut the mustard no matter what you have under the hood.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are pulling ony 5500 RPM you have some serious issues, start with clutching check of pucks and bushing wear. Sled under constant load? You should be pulling 8100 all day, should not be looking for mods until you have sled running right. Give Matt or William a call if you need clutching help.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 2010 xp summit 800 p-tec. Whats worth the money: turbo, 860, 880, or what other engine mods? Which would be the best bang for buck, reliable, ect ect? I got a mbrp stinger right now, and this weekend pullin in about 3ft of powder, clutch set at 3, i was only pullin 35mph track speed and 5500rpm. Set it to 2, and it pulled abit better it seemed and felt. I need more power! (who dosnt lol)

Why are you goning down on the clickers if you can only get 5500? Turn it all the way up and see what rpm you get. If you still can't get 8000 I'd get your clutch serviced. Have you ever cleaned it? Or had it cleaned?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing I would be doing is learning how the clutching and engine management system works.

No point in throwing money at mods if you don't know how it works unless you plan on paying someone to maintain it for you.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well he probably should of went to clicker 5-6 in 3 ft of snow - like TTB said - knowing your clutching and how it works goes a long way!

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Never serviced my clutch yet at all, i have only 680miles on it. And i thought smaller number on the clickers meant less weight meaning better/higher rpm, am i wrong? When i set it to 2 the second day riding in the cut blocks in clamina it was pullin waaaaaaaay better and screamed more and the snow was around the same depth in majority of the spots. And i could pretty much come to a stop and take off and chew out, thats why i wasnt thinking a clutching issue. But i will still look into it forsure before the next trip up. Randy ill talk to will and matthew this week, completely forgot to ask them. The reason why i am askin about the power mods is cause since my warrente is up, and something lets go, what would be the best thing to do cause i love tree riding the most, but it would be nice to have something i can spank those new kittys with night and day! Haha i want somethin reliable and worth the money. After seein those 880 bikeman stage 2's go, thats what i thinkn but i heard 860 more reliable, but turbo thats tuned right, will be the way to go. Whats you guys opinions?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higher the clicker higher the RPMs! Ask Norm at work on Tuesday or when ever we get back on how my sled worked. I telling you the 13.5:1 head and that power valve mod from Deano is a good way to go. Then of course the right clutch set up. This week I was on clicker 4 and pulling 50 mph plus track speed!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I will give you a part# at work for a clutch rebuild kit that's cheap. And I got all the pullers and tools to work on the clutch!

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Sounds good neil! And yeah ill redo the clutch and see if thats all good. And since im messin with clutches, should i do a spring and helix in my secondary?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the ramps are still stock 441's you need to run the clickers up in the 3 and higher in the higher elevations and deeper snow. As others have said clean and look things over. Bump the clicker to 3 or higher and try that first .
If sled works with the higher clicker setting and is over reving abit add some pin weight and keep the primary setting in the higher #'s.
A good clutch kit will always make it perform better. DJ or others.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one run in person, but hard to argue with the Micku's. DJ clutching has been good to me.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the part # for this rebuild kit,just went threw a set of rollers in 3 rides...

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the part # for this rebuild kit,just went threw a set of rollers in 3 rides...

Maxwell posted a good thread on here about XPs and if you look through there it's on that thread. It's a wicked good price you get rollers, buttons, o-rings, washers, spring cap and other bushings for $170. Found the P/N 415129626

Last edited:
Top Bottom