Want to be on a turbo Yami this winter! What to buy?

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
So started looking into buying a turbo yami last spring. By now I am so overwhelmed by the amount of used sleds out there Apex and Nytro. There are also smoking deals on new 2010 162's right now too. I am an aggressive rider that rides hard. I like all types of riding, trees, meadows, and climbed a couple chutes with the cutler last year. I also like to jump a lot. Right now I am running two two strokes, a short track mod and a long track mod. I want to sell them both and just have one. I know the Nytros are newer tech sled but there sure are smoking deals on Turbo Apex's out there. I also came across a complete Alpine turbo kit for a Nytro for $4000 and complete used kits (various kinds) for apex's too. Do I pick up a Nytro and through that on? I ride with Apex's running Mcx kits at 15psi. Have to keep up with them for sure. What is the best bang for your buck out there?:eek: I can add all the light weight stuff later.
Thanks so much for the help. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I am leaning towards a nytro. Has any one tried turboing a 153? Maybe adding a 156 camo ext 2.5 to it to keep it playful in the trees? Or is the sled a useless wheelie machine with a 153? Leaning towards a Alpine stage 2, found a good deal on one used. Anyone tried this combo on a 153 or 156?

Last edited:

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Nive sled but I have heard the m10 skids make them feel heavier because they wont let the skis lift. Great for chutes, but not as nice in the trees? Help me out guys I just don't know. What do I look for in a complete sled?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I am leaning towards a nytro. Has any one tried turboing a 153? Maybe adding a 156 camo ext 2.5 to it to keep it playful in the trees? Or is the sled a useless wheelie machine with a 153? Leaning towards a Alpine stage 2, found a good deal on one used. Anyone tried this combo on a 153 or 156?

You want to keep the longest track you can with a turbo, I run a 162 and have no problems in the tree's. With the shorter track it will be as you call it a 'wheelie machine', also that does matter what suspension you get as well. With the M-10 your front end stays down, the timbersled doesnt seem to keep it down. That could be good and bad too, thats another thread. There are alot of great deals if you look, hopefully you dont get stuck with someone elses headache though.

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
Here's one all done.

Thats my old sled. I put alot of coin into that thing. The M10 rides like a caddilc on the trail in and keeps the front end down on the big stuff. I'd say it's a good thing, riding in the trees it can get steep real quick and the last thing you want to be on a 700lb machine is "out of control" lol. That being said I went to a Tnytro for this season.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I'm not actively trying to sell this one anymore. But I do have 4 sleds. :d

It's an 2008 with lots of extras. It's not Turbo'd but it it port and polished. Aftermarket exhaust. Power Commander. Air box mod. CR Tunnel. Mounain Mod seat. Bar Risers Blah Blah. It's a great machine. I would probabley let it go for $8000- $8500. It's got over 22,000 invested.

Cheers,

Mike.

Attachments

• 2008 Nytro.jpg
    2008 Nytro.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 2008 Nytro1.jpg
    2008 Nytro1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 560

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Going to be on a 4strk turbo this year!

Stopped by and seen Terry at TnT today. What a boner move that was.:p I am buying a noncurrent Nytro 162 SE. They have a smoking deal right now! Thanks to the crew for treating me so good. Now I just have to decide between a Powderlites kit or a MCX kit. I hear they both are great with the powderlites making a little more power with the modded turbo. Any yays or nays? Not looking for people bashing I know they are both great kits. Let me know what ya think.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
The new ride. Just needs boost.

I am so excited!:d Here she is fresh out of the dealer. Thanks TnT!

Attachments

• IMG00003-20100821-1053.jpg
    IMG00003-20100821-1053.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 559

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Going to be on a 4strk turbo this year!

:confused:
Have decided to go with Powderlites.

u may want to reconsider. Ask around a bit more. Guys have way more problems with the powderlites. Yes, some of them run but the ones that don't seem to rarely get straightened out. The good running powderlites supposedly do make a bit more power than the mcx 270 kit. Not trying to bash, just have run into quite a number of poor running powderlite nytros.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mcx or alpine.......powderlites has numerous issues that would only disappoint you.

Personally I have nothing bad to say about my mcx.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the mcx!!
Ride with lots of yammi guys,as for the ones running the mcx,their all turn key sleds.the powderlites boys have a lot more issues,mostly tuning issues.

A couple of them running the powderlites got so pissed off they switched to mcx and never looked back.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX all the way! I also have a M-10 and it really keeps the skies down when climbing......vertical is no problem (hard to catwalk or flip over backwards) and if you get an adjustable jack on it ($5-600 option) you can go from trees to chutes in seconds.......the best of both worlds......but.....it has to be set up right to work great. lots work good but when set up RIGHT they work great! I love mine!

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask tfitz on here* he turboed his nytro..........he should have a bit of info for ya ... the nytros are* a great machine....I have one** but* it's still stock.Cheers!!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing better deals than 12,500 on a 2010 Yamaha Nytro out of the box? Walt Healy seems to have the best price - if I am wrong send me a pm. Cheers Al

Also - want a low boost MCX - who has the best price?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing better deals than 12,500 on a 2010 Yamaha Nytro out of the box? Walt Healy seems to have the best price - if I am wrong send me a pm. Cheers Al

Also - want a low boost MCX - who has the best price?
Wht court yammy is going out of business ...try them and see what they have left. hope this helps ya out.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You seen my poking around. 3000k and not an issue so far with the MCX 270kit. Only running 12-14lbs though. Down fall is getting the exhaust away from the back, that is my only regret with it and fixing that next month. Turn key and go

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis.....if you want a good used kit track down Thistledoo (pretty sure he's on here......I know he's on Snowest for sure). He's got an MCX 240kit for sale, decent price too.

Top Bottom