Turbo, NOS,or big bore

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I got a 2007 M1000 and deciding between a turbo,NOS,or a big bore kit for the best HP. I want some input from other riders before i go and spend some hard earned cash. What is the most consistant and reliable option to go with.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned everything you asked, and combinations of them as well. Most consistent and reliable is a big bore. Add twin pipes to optimize your power and enjoy. Not enuff? Add some NOS. Still not enuff? Then go race gas turbo.(didn't consider pump gas turbo because I believe same hp can be more economically obtained from a big bore. IMO)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2007 M1000 and deciding between a turbo,NOS,or a big bore kit for the best HP. I want some input from other riders before i go and spend some hard earned cash. What is the most consistant and reliable option to go with.

you may want to consider upgrading a few years before getting too radical on the HP. The Diamond drives on the 07's are a little on the weak side for turbo power. I own a 07 M1000 and put on the SLP Y pipe and pipe, MBRP can SLP air horn 3° advance timing key V Force 3 reed valves and a Boondocker fuel management system. This summer I put in fresh pistons and Rings Renicked the pots and change to Boyesen Rad valves. I have a Power Commander 5 on order. Pushing around 197 HP

M1000CAT

Reaction score
i got my drive upgraded it can handle 400 hp. swapped out stock unit for a bdx lightweight diamond drive,so i probably will not have any problem with my drive.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
I have an 08 m1000 piped,fire breather intake, and a 75hp shot of nitrous,it works well but would never come close to my turbo m7,cant compare race gas turbos to any engine work you will do.JUST TURBO IT AND BE DONE/SCARED.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want reliable leave your engine alone update your tunnel ext to 09 and throw a 174"x3" in there and ride it. Not as fast but just as high or higher depends what you want.

Happy Bunny

Reaction score
I ride with a number of guys on M1000. One is a Boondocker PG Turbo with porting, another is a ported M1000 and I ride a piped M1000 along with another buddy.

The turbo and ported M1000 outclimbs them all with a heavy guy on it. The ported M1000 screams as well, worth the $ if you don't want a turbo. My sled rocks pretty good too.... so really, it depends on what you want to spend and where you want to go :d

If you do the porting, Linderman from Arctic Edge Motorsports in Alberta does a fantastic job.

Top Bottom