Tunnel Polishing

Green=Go!

Reaction score
Any recommendations on places that polish tunnels in the Edmonton area or Sherwood Park?

Also, if a guy was to do it himself, what type of polish works best??:confused::confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Any recommendations on places that polish tunnels in the Edmonton area or Sherwood Park?

Also, if a guy was to do it himself, what type of polish works best??:confused::confused:

I would recommend you contact Boydo here on the site. He does AWESOME work and is very reasonably priced!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you contact Boydo here on the site. He does AWESOME work and is very reasonably priced!

X2 - search the forum and you will find lots of pics of his work. Don't do it yourself, just pay him to do it. By the time you buy the stuff to do it you will have spent just as much as it will cost to pay him to do it and you won't do nearly as good a job..... :D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
x2 - search the forum and you will find lots of pics of his work. Don't do it yourself, just pay him to do it. By the time you buy the stuff to do it you will have spent just as much as it will cost to pay him to do it and you won't do nearly as good a job..... :d

boydo makes a tunnel look like a mirror!!!! Frickin' amazing!

RTTTTed

Reaction score
Suggest that after the polish - if he didn't wax it with that 2 year stuff.

I searched and found a product called Zoop Seal that says 6 months to a year. Saves having to polish every season.

Ted

zonker892

Reaction score
Go get the mothers polish for aluminum rims and get on of those foam balls that fit into a drill. In 30min your tunnel will look like a mirror

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Go get the mothers polish for aluminum rims and get on of those foam balls that fit into a drill. In 30min your tunnel will look like a mirror

yeah not even close to the same as boydo does, that power ball is garbage. i spent 2 hours on my tunnel with the mother's polish and it looks sort of ok, buddy had his sled done a year or 2 ago by boydo and his still looks 10 times better.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

x2 on the mother's polish, but they also make a polishing cone that is wicked for tunnels... get's into the little nooks and crannies awesome.

dirtbag

Reaction score
I buy supplies at peterbuilt ,wheels and compounds,and a grinder style polisher from pricess auto..it will cost a bit more than to pay someone, to get set up but then you can polish anything and everything aluminum or stainless...and a mirror finish is not hard ,just takes time...if you use a power ball for anything but touch up after polishing is done,you will to think a guy with a good polishing technique is an almighty god with mystical powers.not knocking boydo he does top quality work,just saying anyone with proper supplies and technique can make a mirror out of aluminum....

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use 'Alcoa Aluminum Sealer' on our big trucks ( wheels, tanks, etc). The wheels are the hardest to keep a shine on. I sprayed my tunnel after I got it polished, and its holding its shine quite well. I just touch it up with some ' never dull' where my boots rub on the side of the tunnel. Still looks good well into the second season now. :)
King's Custom Metal Polishing. Garrett works out of Spruce Grove, but he is mobile.

700WFO

Reaction score
For aluminum, I find Autosol the best. A little dab, soft cloth and rub till black! Warm water wash and mirror finish. Shine lasts a long time.

Top Bottom