Riding Buddies

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Sherwood Park/ Edmonton Area looking for people to sled with? Experienced rider on a new sled. Was supposed to go to Blue river this weekend and Buddies literally Took off today without me even know I booked all the time off work to match there schedule and ride. Time for me to find new people to ride with.

Ghfalls

Reaction score
Either they’re dicks or you made some sort of riding buddy etiquette screw up last time out.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not on my Part. They are not good friends of mine but we’re some OK riding buddies. I run a 3500 and a 28 foot enclosed trailer. When I went to confirm travel arrangements the day before (assuming we would maybe take my rig as there was supposed to be 4 and they all run decks) They asked if I had a deck cause they insisted on riding Salmon and there is 14 K of grader plowed road to get in and no turn around for a larger rig. I don’t have a deck and rider number 4 was being flakey as he did not pick up his new sled yet so i suggested running my small aluminum 2 place behind there deck If we absolutely had to ride salmon. They agreed and this morning when buddy thought he may get his sled they suggested me and him take my truck and small trailer. after the 4th guy baled I thought we may be good to run my small trailer behind there deck they were a no go because they were just leaving the south side, at 11:45 AM. and I’m in sherwood park. They had also cancelled one of the 2 rooms that were booked last night even though I confirmed I was in. All this after me booking off the afternoon and tommorrow to match there schedule and having one of my employees cover my on call cause this was my scheduled weekend for that. So end of the day they were plucking Dicks. Hence me looking for more guys to ride with. I’m done with them, I also have a couple other good buddies to ride with but they are Older and more into riding with there young kids. Which I am Ok with sometimes and go ride and help them out, but sometimes I just want to get out with good riders and get a good ride in.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either they’re dicks or you made some sort of riding buddy etiquette screw up last time out.
If it was an etiquette screw up on my part last time they would have just not invited me on any more trips. not leave me behind as we are supposed to be leaving and I booked the right time off to match there schedule.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cjd…I’ve got 4 different ridding groups to go with, but at lest once a year it it doesn’t add up time wise to go when I want. So I pick a place to ride and just go solo, pull up to lot and ask around down the line if any one wouldn’t mind a +1 for the day. U would b surprise with how much fun u will have meeting new people or guiding a new group that has never been to a place that u might know well. Try it out, u can’t lose. Time well spent
Solo rip go time

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cjd…I’ve got 4 different ridding groups to go with, but at lest once a year it it doesn’t add up time wise to go when I want. So I pick a place to ride and just go solo, pull up to lot and ask around down the line if any one wouldn’t mind a +1 for the day. U would b surprise with how much fun u will have meeting new people or guiding a new group that has never been to a place that u might know well. Try it out, u can’t lose. Time well spent
Solo rip go time
I have done that before. however it is nice to have some good trustworthy guys to be able to travel with split accommodations and ride with. I’m not here looking for empathy, Just hoping to find a couple groups local to me that wouldn’t mind another riding buddy or even just a solo guy in the same boat. I try to get out lots every year and would just like a few guys/groups to make trips out of. My last 2 trips I travelled to BC alone and rode, That gets old too.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jez that sucks man.

I also have a few different groups. My main group. Team Frosted Flakes. We're pretty tight. But can't always get out together. So I have side groups I'll ride with
It's definitely a little different with the sidegroups. But still fun.

I just had to inform my group my season may be over. We have a trip leaving on the 30th. I'm supposed to pick up the o e fella from Thunder Bay at the Calgary Airport. His sled and some of his gear stay at my place. Now we need to refigure how to get his stuff to him as that group lives all over the place.

I'm sure you'll find a good group or individual to ride with. I met all mine on here and Facebook

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jez that sucks man.

I also have a few different groups. My main group. Team Frosted Flakes. We're pretty tight. But can't always get out together. So I have side groups I'll ride with
It's definitely a little different with the sidegroups. But still fun.

I just had to inform my group my season may be over. We have a trip leaving on the 30th. I'm supposed to pick up the o e fella from Thunder Bay at the Calgary Airport. His sled and some of his gear stay at my place. Now we need to refigure how to get his stuff to him as that group lives all over the place.

I'm sure you'll find a good group or individual to ride with. I met all mine on here and Facebook
Well if you or your groups ever end up looking for more guys to ride with hit me up.

Reactions: RXN

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks man, imo tho better to find out they’re not the greatest type of humans when you’re in town as opposed to on a mountain when stuff gets squirrelly

Anyway, I’m in PG but am always looking for good people to ride with. Usually mcbride but def could do vale as well

PM me if your interested in chatting further

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it happens to the best of us one ill informed moment and the group splits up might be done for some hurt feelings or someone said something that they didn't agree with

Top Bottom