Tumbler Ridge Avy claims life

fluffy

Reaction score
John you will be missed by many our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time:(

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already posted this on another thread. Figured I'd put it over here too.

I still can't believe it. Condolences to Debbie, and all the family and friends John left behind. Quite a few of members on here have rode with John, and he was not a highmarker, or a hillclimber at all. Whenever he rode with us he loved to explore, but had no interest in highmarking or climbing at all. He would just sit, watch and enjoy the day until it was time to head to a different area. We've lost another very safe responsible rider to the hand of fate. RIP John.

Pillowydrops

Reaction score
Vancouver, BC (Christina Lake this Winter)
Already posted this on another thread. Figured I'd put it over here too.

I still can't believe it. Condolences to Debbie, and all the family and friends John left behind. Quite a few of members on here have rode with John, and he was not a highmarker, or a hillclimber at all. Whenever he rode with us he loved to explore, but had no interest in highmarking or climbing at all. He would just sit, watch and enjoy the day until it was time to head to a different area. We've lost another very safe responsible rider to the hand of fate. RIP John.

This is a tragic story indeed... Condolences to the family.

Have any detailed emerged around how this was triggered and what exactly happened? Is there anything we can take from this on how to be safer out there?

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was there, just not ready to talk yet, he was my best friend
I was with my best friend when we lost him on the hill, my heart goes out to you and john's family, I lived next door to his parents from 2005 till 2008, he was a good man, time will heel the wounds but never erase the memories, especially the good ones

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deepest sympathies to the family for loosing a love one, also too all his good friends don't let his memory fade from your mind or your heart. His family needs you all now more than ever.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
snobyrd said:
i was there, just not ready to talk yet, he was my best friend
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I was in the same position 2 years ago. Every time I go sledding I say hi to Albert, it's always on my mind. Your friend and fellow sledder will be with you forever watching over you. He is up in the white pillowly heavans that are full of endless powder where he and my friend and all the other people can sled everyday.

Top Bottom