Truth about the Honda Foreman

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 450 honda es. Without the es your going to get wet feet. Bring a tow rope for pulling quads out because they have overheated or broken something the honda does not overheat even on hot days. It is rough riding and the brakes need attention. But it just plain works.
I had multiple issues with the electric shift but other than that the thing was tough as nails.

Megrizzly

Reaction score
After owning 3 foreman 450's with the manual foot shift and two 700 grizzlies, I've come to the conclusion that the foreman is a farm/ranch atv. Even though every other atv outclasses the honda, yet I'll pick the honda every time when around the yard for reasons that are hard to explain. It just works well. If your the type who works it on the weekdays and wants to play on weekends, look elsewhere.

I do think that the reliability of the other brands has improved greatly. Of the 3 foremans, the newest one with the least km has been the worst. It's been riden harder then the other two, but nothing extreme or swamped. Also they will overheat when you start working them and even though they pull pretty good for their size, the grizzlies will out pull them everyday of the week.

If the foreman also had I dependant rear suspension and a wet disk brake, it would be more attractive. Your paying pretty healthy for the name as well with fewer features than competitors.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i am fortunate not to have electric shift issues, i have heard others have. I have also heard some problems with the 500 engine. I mostly use a side X side but boy do they need lots loving care.

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop driving yourself crazy trying to pick out a good reliable 400-500 cc quad and go to any dealer and buy yourself a quad that has a v-twin engine Kawasaki has them can am has them so does Polaris and they are all great machines with good comfortable suspension. And there are a few models to choose from.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best move Honda has made in years.
Your such a jokester............right?
When you take into account its the only move they have made in years........it could be the worst move they have made in years.............

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your such a jokester............right?
When you take into account its the only move they have made in years........it could be the worst move they have made in years.............

ya i keep waiting for un update to the 450x or 650l and same bng every year...but they still sell lots so why change?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the 500 Pioneer has at least two things the other top dogs don't. Least amount of susp. travel at 5.9" and the award for the ugliest sxs I've seen, bar none. Good job Honda !!! LMFAO !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gone with a 2014 king quad 750. My 7000 was good 6000km no real problems. I hope this does aswell. Got it cheaper then a foreman. Thanks for the input everyone see ya out there

best of luck to you... they guys i talked too that have them love them... never any problems... dealer up here says he never see's them back in the shop... i would've got one myself but i fit better on the grizzly

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the 500 Pioneer has at least two things the other top dogs don't. Least amount of susp. travel at 5.9" and the award for the ugliest sxs I've seen, bar none. Good job Honda !!! LMFAO !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is fugly! And that net that's in your face all the time! That thing would drive me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And in order to get your rzr not to cover you in mud in every mud hole, guess what it looks like after your done.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I just looked at the specs and they put disc brakes on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda may not be up there on the technology list, however they still get there. Reminds me of the tortoise and the hare lol

Top Bottom