Truth about the Honda Foreman

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get over it... yes they are not fast nor were they designed for it... Polaris are poo poo's i'd never get caught owning one... ok thats a lie i'd by a sxs... but the other garbage you can keep...ok... if you buy their flag ship you may be ok... Honda's are bought for a diff reason... my point i don't buy a quad for racing... i like exploring finding new areas ect... Honda's get you there and yes they run for years you can pass me all you want... i got two wheels for speed... my training wheels are for hunting and exploring... all of which i want bullet proof, no slipping belts and good on gas... all that points to a HONDA... i have a Yamaha... wife wants one im hoping she takes mine so i can add a HONDA to the stable... when the zoombies attacks you'll wish you had a honda... lol

you are correct... raptor and renegades are not a working machine... but hey the OP was asking about HONDA"s so that tells me utility... sorry to race quad owners... they are a blast but a diff beast

I am not going to get into this little match except to say: my Renegade plowed snow all winter (LOTS OF IT), then has towed harrows (at 30 mph, LOL) and towed a seeder this spring....AND has hauled me through the muck a few times. Work can be done with a Renny. Oh ya....it's still on it's original belt...starting season 3 with 30" tires as well.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
Wow this kinda went sideways lol bought a kingquad to replace my old one a week ago, and this thread just keeps going. Sorry Honda guys. Every brand has there things people like and dont like. Honda's have things Honda guys like. If we all had the same quad then this would be a boring world lol

cheers

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this kinda went sideways lol bought a kingquad to replace my old one a week ago, and this thread just keeps going. Sorry Honda guys. Every brand has there things people like and dont like. Honda's have things Honda guys like. If we all had the same quad then this would be a boring world lol

cheers

don't be sorry... these things often take a path of their own... still lots of good info...

Yes dave I do like Can Am... just wouldn't take it hunting... said it before if i wanted performance and skeg slaying i'd own a Can AM... maybe it's cause im no mechanic... i don't like spending money to upgrades ect ect or repairs... but i still love that Foremans have a manual! Stick it in second gear and go anywhere and shoot my chickens with my boy... oh and if i could get 30 years out of it... alll the better in my accounting book

No offence to Anyone...rzrgade hope I didn't offend you... not my point... we all like diff thing for diff reasons (thank God) or this world would be really boaring and we'd all be fighting over the same women...

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know 4 brp girly step through guads that where used for tree planting. All 4 of them the only repairs that where done was tires and brakes. Now you know how tree planters use these things right? Not sure if it was brp or can am or what size it was probably a 500.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know 4 brp girly step through guads that where used for tree planting. All 4 of them the only repairs that where done was tires and brakes. Now you know how tree planters use these things right? Not sure if it was brp or can am or what size it was probably a 500.

yup that says a lot... wildrose ranch in Loon Lake BC... ALberta transplants... big hard working ranch... saw one their.. they loved the thing!!! My dad has ostio arthritis can't lift his leg over the old kodiak he has abused since 1998... if they made those things new i'd run out and buy him one... perfect for him

Don't get me wrong folk i love everything about HONDA's i'd own everything honda if i could afford it...
Can AM's are great... expensive but they are modded from Factory, have great warranties and that's why the sell... buddy bought 800xmr new blew front axle's x 2... Can Am figured out the problem... 3rd set of new front axles have never given him a problem... that bike has been swamped multiple time and still runs perfect... you gotta love dealer support BRP gets
3. Poloaris... im hard on them cuase i've seen so many fail new... HOWEVER... their flag ships... the onese they care about rzr's and the 850 xp are proving very good and fun.. so far the guys i know that have scrambler (to me ugly as hell buy a renegade) are also very good... however like i've said i've seen other models get traded off after first riding season for issues... maybe it's the rider i don't know... most people i ride with or who live around me have Polaris mostly cause the dealer up here has very good deals on them... and has good dealer support! However, the Rzr's are almost at the point of a Cult following... they must be really really good!

Keep in mind... i drive my quad like driving miss daisy... hard not to with 4 year old on back... oh and after all the ranting I own a Grizzly 700... not the best, not the fastest... but good at everything imhop... 27 on it... no clutch kit...makes it fairly mellow with kids around stayed away from BRP for the power... you know how the little ones like to test the throttle when they sit infront of you

Last edited:

Chax

Reaction score
Just finished rebuilding the engine in my Honda 350, bored it out. Works like new. Quad was only sunk twice and ran out of oil/overheated once..... :nono:

Top Bottom