Travel trailer tire wear???

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that the front left tire on my 24 foot bumper pull is bald on the inside. What would cause this? The right side front tire is a little worn but not much. The ones on the back axle are like new. Any info is much appreciated.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats weird this trailer has only ever seen pavement and some minor gravel.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have gone through this to. Had my trailer aligned and beefed up a bit. Still have one tire that wears a bit. Just garbage axels that aren't heavy enough.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bearings or bent axle. Take it into fountain tire and have it aligned. it doesn't take much to tweak an axle.
I just noticed that the front left tire on my 24 foot bumper pull is bald on the inside. What would cause this? The right side front tire is a little worn but not much. The ones on the back axle are like new. Any info is much appreciated.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
How tight should bearings be? I used to tighten with channel locks then 1/2 turn back or so , not tight but not loose I guess

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geez medler, dont you have a torque wrench?
SK_Ratchet.jpg
sometimes you just have to make the click sound when you think its tight enough.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
check your left front spring and make sure its not broke or that the u bolts are loose.A broken spring will let the axle move a lot on one side and cause heavy tire wear but the other side not as bad.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a WHEEL Alignment
not from any tire shop as it is an axle problem not a toe in problem

all trailer manufacturers just take a straight axle and load the trailer on top
as you also load the axles the weight causes the wheels to lean in at the top and causes the inside of the tires to scrub off

need to go to CITY SPRING in Edmonton
They chain down the trailer and actually bend you axles up in the middle
when unchained and pull out onto the street the wheels stand straight up - not leaning in at the top
the cost is around 300.00 dollars
far cheaper than $1000.00 for new tires every 2 years

i have done all 4 of my trailers at City Spring

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jacked the trailer up and the bearings were loose. I snugged them up and should be good now I hope.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jacked the trailer up and the bearings were loose. I snugged them up and should be good now I hope.
Bent axle.They come right out of the factory with cheap axles. I highly doubt its your wheel bearings. I had my rear axle replaced this time last year,was only $360 all in.New axle is twice as heavy as stock axle.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your trailer sit level when traveling down the road? It just isnt right when I see a truck/trailer going down the road with the hitch dragging the pavement and the tailend of the trailer 4 feet off the ground! Ya the forward axle is taking more weight! Not saying this is your problem but something I notice alot on the hiway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom