Trans canada trail mgmt around athabasca

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who manages the trails west of Athabasca just south of Baptiste lake and contact information? Those trails are pretty brutal with huge water holes.

thanks in advance!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know who manages the trails west of Athabasca just south of Baptiste lake and contact information? Those trails are pretty brutal with huge water holes.

thanks in advance!

the transcanada trail in that area to the best of my knowledge is a SNOWMOBILE trail, not an ATV trail, however I would start by contacting Athabasca Outdoor Products, they can probably point you in the right direction.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's more sled trail than atv.But I could be wrong.Alot of it is through muskeg and the muskeg is pretty wet this year!A couple of quads get stuck and it's a permanent hole!I think the sled club is called Athabasca River Runners.

dominique

Reaction score

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Dominique, the trail doesn't appear to be part of the 'trans-canada' system, although there were signs that had T.C.S.T (trans-canada snowmobile trail) on them. Are there separate trails?... One would have to assume that the trail I'm talking about would therefore be managed by the local club ie: 'Athabasca River Runners'.??:confused:

dominique

Reaction score
thanks Dominique, the trail doesn't appear to be part of the 'trans-canada' system, although there were signs that had T.C.S.T (trans-canada snowmobile trail) on them. Are there separate trails?... One would have to assume that the trail I'm talking about would therefore be managed by the local club ie: 'Athabasca River Runners'.??:confused:

I don't really know anything about the TCST, to be honest, and they're not affiliated with the TCT. I do vaguely know of these guys and they mention TCST:

They might be of more help. Good luck!

Top Bottom