Tracks

Heli

Reaction score
THinking of buying some used tracks, TJD Tracks, anyone have any experience with them, the are on a grizzly and i have a KQ, what extra hardware will i need for mounting them to a different quad?

They are all season, do they actually work in mud?

Whats the regular maintanence?

Do i need a clutch kit or any other mods to my KQ 750?

Thanks

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they gear reduce so i dont think you need a clutch kit.

From what i've gathered when i was researching for them .. they are great in snow.
on mud and trail riding they can be problematic with track issues..

in muskeg they are good but trail riding isn't something you really want them for. get a really good set of tires for mud imho.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not use a clutch kit with tracks, not nessary as tracks are usually geared 30-55% lower than tires.

Mounting kits will cost approx $500.00.

Not much in the way of maintainence. Had mine for 3 yrs & Zero problems.

Great in snow but in mud will require replacing sealed bearings seasonally.

Tons of fun but slower than tires, lots.

Good Luck!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i could only imagine what broken skeg holes do to the track system ect. ive seen a set get bent on a bank.

if i bought some "and i prob will eventually" they would be for winter only

Zipp

Reaction score
Unless you have work to do and need them, I would not recommend them. Get a sled if you want to recreation ride in the winter, as you will limit who you will ride with you: you could go where other quads cant, and you would be too slow for sledders wanting to ride. Just my opinion, but I have seen others with them and they can be a maintenance headache with ujoints, bearings, boggy wheels, tracks, brakes. Way too much hassle and expense and after a while you will want to ride with everyone else that does not have them and go back to a good set of tires.

Again, just my experienced opinion.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YES TRACKS ARE SLOWER!

Total missinformation about maintenance though. I put about 1500 winter miles a year on tracks & not ONE problem that you imagined in the past 4 yrs.

I've done the sleddin' for years but much prefer tracks, and i luv pulling sleds out when they get stuck in the deep stuff.

Heli

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i have purchased some Tatou4s tracks and cant wait to try them out. i have just heard to many good things, some bad but alot more good.

Are they easy installation? any things i should watch out for?

van isle

Reaction score
I have a set of the TJD tracks they work great. They are the only ones to have a built in suspension so trail riding is OK as well. They are also gear higher then most other track sets so you don't loss as much top end. The mount kits to change from one machine to another is not as much money or a pain as many think the two machines you spoke of have the save bolt pattern so the only thing you would need would be the mount for the atv. Call Kevin at Rapid he sells TJDs and Camoplats tracks he can get you tracks or any pieces you may need 780 455 7553

Top Bottom