track swap on 2008 M8

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone out there that wants to attempt this in the future, I am presently changing tracks in an '08 F8 and the diamond drive stays put. all that needs to be done is pull the four nuts off from the inside of the tunnel that hold the brake assem. on. Then take the nut off in the middle of the shaft. It's a 16mm socket and you'll need a long azz extension. After that the shafts should split and from there it should be easy...

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there i have a M1000 as well i was told if u ride the mountains u should run the gears out of a m800 there lower geared .

i also ride an m1000 and so does a buddy of mine we ride in the mountains and we both have the stock gearing and we have never had an issue with a hill or in the deep snow but you would definately benefit with lowwer gears from an m8 i am thinking of trying it but as for being told you HAVE to run this gearing you dont have to

deyell01

Reaction score
i also ride an m1000 and so does a buddy of mine we ride in the mountains and we both have the stock gearing and we have never had an issue with a hill or in the deep snow but you would definately benefit with lowwer gears from an m8 i am thinking of trying it but as for being told you HAVE to run this gearing you dont have to

What about the gears out of a 2010 crossfire 800 would they be lower than a M1000. Thanks in adavance

Top Bottom