track swap on 2008 M8

mattthegreat

Reaction score
i am putting a new track on my M8 just wondering how hard it is to do the track swap i have never taken apart a dimond drive. is it as easy as a chain case or a little tougher so im put would be great thanks

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am putting a new track on my M8 just wondering how hard it is to do the track swap i have never taken apart a dimond drive. is it as easy as a chain case or a little tougher so im put would be great thanks

Check you tube. I'm pretty sure there is a vid for changing the track on an M8, i seen it about a yr ago.:beer:

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted a link of a parts break down on your other thread about this in performance and modification. I also wrote a brief description on how to do it.

mattthegreat

Reaction score
i have the bolt out in the middle of the shaft but the shaft will not slide out enough to get the track out what could the problem be am i missing something?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know i didnt have to remove my shaft completely to get the track through the gap. how much of a gap is there?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see i did both of mine on crossfire, they have different drivers but that shouldnt matter much.

mattthegreat

Reaction score
there is no gap at all. i am all out of ideas i might just pull the diamond drive off and pull the whole shaft out if i can do that i dont know?

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should slide away from the diamond drive. im not sure about taking the whole diamond drive off i havent done it, but it's not to say it can't be done. sorry i couldn't help much.

mattthegreat

Reaction score
it will slide like a half inch if that does the bolt inside the shaft come right out or does it stay in there

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
comes right out. is your brake caliper off? or is your shaft hitting the silencer?

mattthegreat

Reaction score
i took the whole brake system off let it hang like you said now there is a hole and the shaft the should slide right out it looks like but its not sliding out do i need to loosen anything by the drivers or on the clutch side.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres nothing on the clutch side but if your drivers are still in the track notches it will prevent you from slidingthe shaft over you must just have to muscle it over maybe give it a few taps with a dead blow hammer. I'm heading out now I'll be back on later ill try and help you when i get back if you havent figured it out yet. it's hard for me to visualize what needs to be done with out looking at your sled. I had my hood and side panel off when i did mine and had my sled tip over on its side. talk to later hopefully it works out for you.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good hear! Now the fun part is wrestling the skid back into place with the new track. :beer:

bolt

Reaction score
hey there i have a M1000 as well i was told if u ride the mountains u should run the gears out of a m800 there lower geared .

Top Bottom