track damage

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what would cause this kind of damage to a track. I don't want to buy a new one and have the same thing happen again.

Attachments

• DSCF8073.jpg
    DSCF8073.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF8074.jpg
    DSCF8074.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF8075.jpg
    DSCF8075.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF8078.jpg
    DSCF8078.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 32

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Could be track fatigue, and spinning the track on tree, rock etc..... You've heard of tires that start breaking apart because of age, well if you look at the pictures, it almost looks as if the rubber has seperated from the cords.... There is no residual rubber still imbedded in the cords, proving this. Clean seperation, indicating the track may not have been laminated properly, or track fatigue, due to age, and the rubber breaking down, just like tires........ It looks to be an older polaris? And probably the original track, right?

Last edited:

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was riding on the ice at Alberta Beach when this happened, track looked good before i started out and i saw this when i loaded it back on the trailer. I heard a couple of thumps when i was riding back to vehicle at end of the day which was probably the rubber hitting the tunnel. The track is at least 4-5 years old so it could be fatigue or from spinning track on rocks then as that's going to happen. It was changed from a 136" to a 141" Time for a new track. Thanks for the help!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a track come apart from running in low snow conditons. Got the track to hot and lost alot of the lugs. Looked just like yours. Track seperation from heat.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a track come apart from running in low snow conditons. Got the track to hot and lost alot of the lugs. Looked just like yours. Track seperation from heat.

That may have been what caused it then because i was running it full throttle for quite awhile and the snow was pretty packed down. Probably did heat the track up.

Top Bottom