top posters

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not the mechanic so it isn't my call and the Captain can just settle down a little bit:yo:

Lol.....

Scary I started out as a tech and now firefighting. And a Captain.

So I figure abuse.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Lol.....

Scary I started out as a tech and now firefighting. And a Captain.

So I figure abuse.

Well, the SnowCat is 12 years old. Do you think an exhaust manifold would have metal fatigue?

How do you abuse an exhaust manifold while operating? Either overheating or not a proper cool down and those generally don't happen on our SnowCat.

But if you say abuse, I will dig a little further but I don't know where....:)

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the SnowCat is 12 years old. Do you think an exhaust manifold would have metal fatigue?

How do you abuse an exhaust manifold while operating? Either overheating or not a proper cool down and those generally don't happen on our SnowCat.

Taking Metalurgy here at school with power engineering, and well depending on the type of metal it could of cracked due to stresses from cooling and heating, basic thermo shock, or rusted..

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol. They crack. I just giving you a bad time...:d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tech said it would be fine and that the new Cats are like that also. Being a 3 piece manifold there is less chance of it splitting apparently. But what doo I know, I just drive it...:yo:

I guess a new design...Hope it works good.

But when grooming no posting for you??

Top Bottom