top posters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
:washing:

weld a bead on the outer race's let them cool ..... they fall out with just a little love
the axle race use a chisel strike twice @ 12 , 3, 6, 9, oclock this will loosen it up should come off with a little luv
Took them over to Rusty's tonight. We got one out with big sledge and big socket.... It had been soaking in penetrating oil for 2 days. The rest barely moved. He's going to mess with it tomorrow. Left them with him.....

They say to put new bearings in, put bearings in freezer over night. Put hubs in oven at 450 for 15-20 minutes then new bearings should drop in nicely.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took them over to Rusty's tonight. We got one out with big sledge and big socket.... It had been soaking in penetrating oil for 2 days. The rest barely moved. He's going to mess with it tomorrow. Left them with him.....

They say to put new bearings in, put bearings in freezer over night. Put hubs in oven at 450 for 15-20 minutes then new bearings should drop in nicely.
when I do them weld a bead on race let it cool remove race and carrier is still warm enough that the new bearing go in easy

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
when I do them weld a bead on race let it cool remove race and carrier is still warm enough that the new bearing go in easy
All that's left is the outer race. The bearings fell apart as I took them apart.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Also need to clean up the inside of the hub there's more than a little bit of rust in them

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
me thinks when the bearing are binding up it distorts the race makes even harder to get out
3000 not easy km over 9 years and no maintenance...... All my own fault but now I've got a garage and the tools to stay on top of it.

Top Bottom