top posters

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swore I would never be a drywall supervisor again....... And I had a phone interview this morning and a in person one Monday morning

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's sooooo difficult to get into equipment operations, because no one is training right now. The all want experienced operators

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swore I would never be a drywall supervisor again....... And I had a phone interview this morning and a in person one Monday morning
What are your duties as a supervisor Doug? Do you just coordinate jobs, check on the finished product so to speak? You wouldn't actually do drywall work yourself would you? Thats a young mans job

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are your duties as a supervisor Doug? Do you just coordinate jobs, check on the finished product so to speak? You wouldn't actually do drywall work yourself would you? Thats a young mans job
I don't do the job myself. But a lot of builders will hold the drywall supervisor accountable, when the sub-trade doesn't show up, or make a promise that they didn't doo (like saying their working the weekend and never showing up). It can be extremely stressful at times.
Similar to you having the dealership and saying that BuRP has promised you 1000 sleds, you tell the customers this. 800 get booked, but 650 only show up. This is not your fault by any means, but you are still being held accountable for the missing sleds and irate customers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't do the job myself. But a lot of builders will hold the drywall supervisor accountable, when the sub-trade doesn't show up, or make a promise that they didn't doo (like saying their working the weekend and never showing up). It can be extremely stressful at times.
Similar to you having the dealership and saying that BuRP has promised you 1000 sleds, you tell the customers this. 800 get booked, but 650 only show up. This is not your fault by any means, but you are still being held accountable for the missing sleds and irate customers.
I see. Yeah its tough in the trades. Its like being a traffic cop getting the trades to sync up and all show up when they are supposed to. Homeowners get pizzed when deadlines aren't met.

Top Bottom