Tonneau cover / sled deck

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the concerns, i am very aware of what the does and don't are for the most part of things with deck construction.

The ratchet straps are just one on many ideas i have for securment, i will most likely come up with a much better idea once the first one is complete.

I am also a welder by trade, and the reason i have designed it as rivet together is so it can be shipped to people as a small package and be assembled by them, which is also helping to cut the cost of the unit. I can pre-assemble for the guys that don't have mechanical capabilities or tools to do so.

Thanks

brandon

I look forward to seeing it on the market.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am a welder by trade aas well and your product looks killer but thre is a few thing i look at when buy a deck is the weather it is welded or bolted (riveted) together and well i would rather go with the welded one... i like the idea of having everything enclose that is most appealling.. just some ideas for you for your ramp would need to be telescoping so you are going to need at least 4 inch of room under your deck for the ramp so i would make sure you raise your cover or brake it that much so that the ramp isnt in the way of jerry cans.. you might have thought of this already.. looks good i was going to do this for myself in time ... looks good

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
The front headache rack will be mounted to the front of the box, and ratchet tied to the tie point near the floor. At the rear the deck would also be ratchet strapped to the rear tie points near the floor.

These tie points are rated to take alot more load than they would be taking.

As for the liability reasons, i will not be selling these at this time for commercial use, they will only be for personal use.

You as an individual can put anything on or in your box and it is up to you to make sure it is properly secured, that being said it will be designed on my side to be properly secured with no issues.

When you buy this from me on the quote i will have it read. This product does not carry any warranty and i can not be held liable for any reason for this product.

This would cover me as a private person which legally should never come to this being it is designed for personal use.

I like all the interest everyone has, keep it comin.

I will pm the ones that have more interest right away so check your messages, if i missed you sent me a pm.

Thanks

brandon

For you guys that don't understand liability I will try to explain. When a product is manufactured for the consumer, the liability inherently lies with the manufacturer. The only way that the liability can be waived by the manufacturer is if the consumer does not operate the product according to manufacturers instructions. A liability waiver does not stand up in court. Negligence will be what is argued. The negligence on the consumers part for not following the direction of the manufacturer or the negligence for the manufacturer for not producing a safe product.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i think the rivet it all together would be a mistake
we all know that rivets can come lose over time and need to be tapped out and replaced
i mean SOME things can be riveted but it shoould be welded together

I bought a Marathon single place deck a week ago and it was only $70 to ship to me in SK from AB and was fully assembled - install and done
its a different design than yours, as it doesnt completely cover the deck .... and was only $995

just as a heads up to you, Marathan (or Truck BOSS now) is releasing an idea similar to yours this summer
its a full on TRUCK BOSS single place (exactly like the 2 place version they currently sell) made for half tons
and it will be priced in the $2000-2400 range w superglides installed and a superclamp for sled's

IMO i think your price point is too high ... especially if i can buy a proven design from Marathon for the same price

if you want to build a few of these for your buddies, all the power to you dude
but i think you might have a few flaws in your design for the price

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arnt snowmobiles rivited together I dont see a problem if it goes together properly and the rivets just kepp it in place

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
TRUCKBOSS-BASE with optional cab-guard and extension. Starts at $2395 (6' model).
Raptor 600px.jpg

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Yes, for the price of a high end tonneau cover what you get is a high end tonneau cover that will do more than any other tonneau cover. Try parking your sled on a Roll'n'lock or a fiberglass cover. $995 will get you a set of extendable sides if you ever change your mind and want to haul two machines.

Also of note, I don't have a monopoly on ramps (even though I do sell a lot of ramps to guys with "other" decks). Try a cheap tri-fold from Discount Ramps (or even Princess Auto) if $825 is too much.

Yea, but with no ramp, it's nothing more than a tonneau cover. Might as well add the 825 for a ramp to this cost, for a real representation of the cost for a usable item.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like this thread got hijacked lets get back to the topic
is there interest in this guys design
for the people that work and play this could be an option

Top Bottom