To remove the kill switch or not?

Sled a lot

Reaction score
Rubber band around it. Stops it from staying down and still allows it to kill the engine if you press and hold the switch down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just took mine off flipped it upside down took off the bottom plate that holds all the internals in put two small pieces of elastic laying flat put it back together now its a pressure switch. gotta push hard on it to get it to shut down now. perfect looks stock works like it should.

JamMasta

Reaction score
Removed mine, you can pull the pins out of the connector on bar riser, just need a small pin (paper clip) So it's clean water proof, and reversible.

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turned mine upside down last year and now I think water got into it. Doesn't work so good anymore.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$114-140.00 for a kill switch is crazy! Racetech @ $35.00 is waterproof. Looks like a decent unit!

image.png

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It says on their website it will fit larger and smaller bars so I would think it would fit 1 1/8" bars.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit the kill switch again by accident, even with the rubber bands on.....

So I was thinking of removing the kill switch on my T3 and just shrink wrapping the wires back so the circuit is always open and then just use the tether to shut it off.

Anyone see a downside in dooing so?
Just go to your doo dealer and buy a windshield o-ring for an S-2000 chassis - they are square and fit perfectly under the kill switch, but you can still shut it off with steady pressure on the switch.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doubled down lol

Last edited:

fire66

Reaction score
Removed mine, you can pull the pins out of the connector on bar riser, just need a small pin (paper clip) So it's clean water proof, and reversible.

I like this idea, I broke the red button off my kill switch so was going to remove the whole thing but am having trouble getting the pins out.
I put a safety pin in the side of the connector and it does spread the top of the connector but the pins won't come out. Am I doing something wrong?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like this idea, I broke the red button off my kill switch so was going to remove the whole thing but am having trouble getting the pins out.
I put a safety pin in the side of the connector and it does spread the top of the connector but the pins won't come out. Am I doing something wrong?
they are a bitch, I just spliced into the two,wires and used heat shrink tubing for waterproofing

Top Bottom