Tire help please.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
I will be putting 20 rims and tires on my new Dodge Cummins and was wondering which tires guys are having luck with. I had 20 rims with 33 Dick Cepek FC-2 tires on my last diesel and found them to wear good but pulling the trailer to the mountains a little sketch sometimes. I dont see much off road but looking for a good all around tire not too loud with a good look that will be okay in the winter. I have heard a little about the Nitto Terra Grapplers but any info would help. I was going to put a leveling lift on my new 2500 but would I use 33 or 35 tires? Thanx for the info. Shad

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 55000 km on my 37" toyo open country M/t. Was very pleased with the tire all around. Not many tires last that long that big and aggressive on a 3500 chipped diesel. I replaced them with the nitto trail grappler because of price. Have 10000 on these new ones and they seem great so far.

Edit. In sept 08 I paid 520 per tire installed. In sept 10 when I replaced them they wanted like 650 a tire I think it was. Ended up getting 4 nittos for 1200 installed. Regular price was 1900 installed but the tire guy screwed the side wall on one of the toyo and I had them sold for 200 bucks. So since I couldn't sell them he took the price if one toyo off the bill which was 700 his cost. I didn't complain!

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy has 285/50 R20 terra grapplers on his half ton dodge and he really likes them. only has 15000km on them but they seem to be holding up well to his a, uhm, shall we say aggresive driving style;)

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ran open country mt 37 s then swich to procomp xterrains mt and will be swiching back ware well , good all around tire

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run kelly fierce attitude mt on my truck and they are getting close to 80000km with about 30% tread left. very good tire and very inexpensive. however I think they only go up to 18 inch rims.

JayZee

Reaction score
Had a set of the Terra Grapplers that lasted about 50 000 kms...and that was pushing it. They were a great gripping tire that were not too noisey...noticed they started to wear qicker once I hit about 40 000 kms. I had the 285/65 on 18" rims on my F350 with a leveling kit. I did the regular 10 000 kms rotates too. Just put a set of the 35" Toyo Open Country AT's on...had good luck with wear on these in the past, about 70 to 80 000 kms.

van isle

Reaction score
I'm running Goodyear duratracs now and i can't believe how good they are on ice. They are better without studs then my cooper ST where with studs. They look like an MT tire but they are quiet in the city or the Hiway. I'm not sure how they will be on wear as i have only had them for a couple weeks now.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also had cepeks, thaought they sucked azz , went to terra grapplers now and really like them quite and good traction, the cepeks were crazy loud i thought. have a friend has the dura tracs on his 1 ton dodge and really likes them exc traction and quite, hold up really well towing the horse trailer, 4 horse unit with tack room in front.
as for the response on terra grapplers wearing fast after 40 km to nothing at 50, was there any alignment issue, sounds kinda wierd the tire would be great for that long then go for chit.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
I will be putting 20 rims and tires on my new Dodge Cummins and was wondering which tires guys are having luck with. I had 20 rims with 33 Dick Cepek FC-2 tires on my last diesel and found them to wear good but pulling the trailer to the mountains a little sketch sometimes. I dont see much off road but looking for a good all around tire not too loud with a good look that will be okay in the winter. I have heard a little about the Nitto Terra Grapplers but any info would help. I was going to put a leveling lift on my new 2500 but would I use 33 or 35 tires? Thanx for the info. Shad

I have Dunlop Rover M/T'S On one of our work trucks, 23,000 km and still looking pretty good.

jazzman

Reaction score
has anyone ran the new generals? I saw them at OK tire today. I like my cepecks. I have 40 000km on mine now they are a 2010 3500 dodge diesel. My ford I had them on also and ended up with just over a 100,000. Hauling a quad or sled all the time plus ratpack full of tools.:beer:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the 305/75/17 Geolander yokohamas on my dodge, i got 80k out of the last set, and about 50k on this set and they still really good

Stick like shiz to a diaper on ice and snow, really good in mud too. They don't have a really aggressive look to them, but they sure do the job

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run kelly fierce attitude mt on my truck and they are getting close to 80000km with about 30% tread left. very good tire and very inexpensive. however I think they only go up to 18 inch rims.

Wow I was looking at a set of these but quickly wrote them off for use on a heavy truck just cause I had never heard of them, thought they'd be junk. Good to know.

Top Bottom