Three Wheelers

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an ‘86 250 Fourtrax that has been in the wife’s family since new and I’ve been slowly restoring it. My dad has one too and a big red. Both near mint.

Starting to run into trouble finding parts now though. Discontinued front suspension parts, carb parts, brake parts. They are fun for short periods of time though.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Parts fiche sites like Partzilla.com are great for searching parts. It’s shows availability of parts, whether they have stock or if obsolete. Also cross references any other machine these parts may have been used on. Have had lots of dealers try and tell me stuff is no longer available, but it shows as is stateside. If they can get it we can get it.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up an 1985 200m today. All in all, it is in pretty good shape. Brakes work and so does the electric start. Need to do some carb work as it idles pretty high but nothing major.

Can't wait to get it out on the trails

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
200m is alright. It has the best front shocks when it comes to the utilities anyways. And with the proper balloon tires on, it will float. At least my buddies did back when we were 140lb teenagers. And being an 85, it’s an up shifter which is a bonus.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parts fiche sites like Partzilla.com are great for searching parts. It’s shows availability of parts, whether they have stock or if obsolete. Also cross references any other machine these parts may have been used on. Have had lots of dealers try and tell me stuff is no longer available, but it shows as is stateside. If they can get it we can get it.
I agree with this. Oftentimes I find it's best to go on partzilla, find the "New" part number for existing stuff and just go into the dealer with a list of part numbers. Honda has probably been the best at finding cross-references, but others aren't so willing/don't have the tools to find them.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a big red for years pulled many moose with it sit up in the tank 2 gear and go awesome machine but the brakes were terrible on it

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Yamaha was way smarter in the brakes department. Mechanical disc in the rear at least. Easy to set up and rarely failed. Even their drums up front seem to work better than Honda’s ever did.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss doing the 2 wheeler stunt circles with one of the back tires up in the air.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 200

20211109_103556.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
82 big red. Surprised the centre piece for the rear rack is still there. 4 out of 5 generally are missing.

Yup picked this one up for 500$ ten years ago.

Needs a bit of work right now, ill get it going one of these days.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Yup picked this one up for 500$ ten years ago.

Needs a bit of work right now, ill get it going one of these days.

10 years ago, you should’ve been able to pick that up for a flat of beer and a hand shake. Has good potential. Prolly give you a hand at getting it going if you don’t procrastinate to long on it. One thing you should really look into, is finding either an 83 200 front or an 84/85 200m front. Hydraulic vs spring loaded crap that’s non rebuildable and likes to blow apart.

Top Bottom