This years dyno HP numbers.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see your 167 hp and raise you 200 hp more.

Attachments

• 14902633-5CC7-4550-BC17-8D4D580BDC2B.jpeg
    14902633-5CC7-4550-BC17-8D4D580BDC2B.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 289

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see your 167 hp and raise you 200 hp more.[/QUOTE

If they're so great why don't more guys want to ride them? My Cummins has more HP than your Yamaha too but I don't want to take it through the trees either.

Why did Bruce Jenner want to wear a dress and cut his dic off?

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fine print on the advertised Doo number was "by an independent company". Right in the brochures and advertising ads.

I know that. I tried to tell people for many years that number wasn’t from Doo and it was an inflated number. Eventually you let them continue drinking the doolaide. Lol

FYI damn cold for biking.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about we change this topic to "Power to Weight" ratios?

Oh, I guess Polaris even looks better, even with stock HP.

I ran the numbers last year, Yamaha was the top performer at sea level and the far and away winner at altitude. :)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9 page of arguing over posted, reposted, old fake posting, justification of what ever posting and fake news.

"WE ARE A BITCHIN KINDA CROWD"

Reactions: LID

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9 page of arguing over posted, reposted, old fake posting, justification of what ever posting and fake news.

More fun than arguing over Donald Trump and NAFTA isn't it?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You haven’t seen anything. Go on any of the other “popular” forums and see what gets argued about lol.

At least guys here put all differences aside and go out and kill snowflakes together no matter what they ride. We even met Yamaha guys come once or twice.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You haven’t seen anything. Go on any of the other “popular” forums and see what gets argued about lol.

At least guys here put all differences aside and go out and kill snowflakes together no matter what they ride. We even met Yamaha guys come once or twice.

The guys on the other sites trail ride 95% and its who can go the fastest in a corner without dying.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank horsepower numbers are nice to know, but it's unfortunate more power can't be found through driveline. Like big gains - 56-59% efficiency is depressing. If 5 points could be gained, that means the motor would have to be produce 12-14hp less and still remain competitive while likely improving reliability. It amazes me no one has found something in here despite the theory of CVT use on a snowmobile has been in play for about 50 years now with relatively few changes.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank horsepower numbers are nice to know, but it's unfortunate more power can't be found through driveline. Like big gains - 56-59% efficiency is depressing. If 5 points could be gained, that means the motor would have to be produce 12-14hp less and still remain competitive while likely improving reliability. It amazes me no one has found something in here despite the theory of CVT use on a snowmobile has been in play for about 50 years now with relatively few changes.

Sometimes the simplicity of the system outweighs any of the current advances in technology.

Multi ratio and angle helix’s with varying cam angles and roller differences along with spring combos allow the user to fine tune arguably what is the smoothest action for almost any comparable modern drive system.

The theory of torque and rpm sensing driven and drive clutches is the same but these are not the Comets of yesteryears.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We need to go electric drive to get best efficiency. A high revving tiny, light motor turning a alternator that is constantly charging a lightweight lithium battery. massive torque and speed with no clutch.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Do you guys think the insignificance gains of HP really matters? Whether it is presumed to be 10% or whatever.

I don't think along those lines but rather the significance of talent. Not saying I've got some/lots but rather the talent factor seems to play a bigger part than the HP factor. Everybody seems to get their panties in a knot over HP (or presumed HP). When you get the sled on the snow, one rider will definitely out perform another because of talent and not the 10% difference in HP.

Top Bottom