They sure don't go up the hill very fast.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I got 2. 3 more fingers left any takers

Lol I ride with 2 more so can include them. And you did ride a Polaris this year so maybe I can get you onto the Sidewinder....

But I would like to get a 154 2-stroke for the low snow days. I appreciate both types of sleds.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can count on my left hand the amount of guys that would agree with you on this one.
I kinda agree, the thing is I don't know if I can count with one hand how many guys I know riding a Winder.
I'm not trying to buck any trend, trust me, in fact I love the odds. If it was the case that everyone rode 4strokes I would be like you and every one else here. Hey, not that its bad or anything, 2strokes are so easy and simple to ride, very little challenge, just go. I do own a 2stroke sled and it blends in well with the crowds like the rest of them, I guess you can wrap it up LOL or have your own special braaaping signature pattern amongst the cluster of minions.
You see Maxi, I don't need to do that...trust me....I assure you I have owned more 2strokes and been riding 2stroke waay before you were born.
Each to their own, so keep riding your prefer sled, that is a good thing and I guarantee when a Sidewinder rolls by you in the hills you won't be able to help your self but to look..they all do, its a 4stroke.
We get the looks and the questions and guess what, its not even the newest trend on the snow...LOL

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding trees is not all about huge power. If you are on a 50-60 degree slope heading downhill and the hill is full of trees it is imperative that you can flip these things on to a spindle and control your direction. Poo does this well because it is light. Doo does this well because you can get your weight more over the motor and skis. A 4 stroke is just too heavy and will suck you toward disaster. Power can hide weight but only when the power is on but as soon as you are trying to change directions, the more power the more it wants to go straight.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding trees is not all about huge power. If you are on a 50-60 degree slope heading downhill and the hill is full of trees it is imperative that you can flip these things on to a spindle and control your direction. Poo does this well because it is light. Doo does this well because you can get your weight more over the motor and skis. A 4 stroke is just too heavy and will suck you toward disaster. Power can hide weight but only when the power is on but as soon as you are trying to change directions, the more power the more it wants to go straight.

wow, i actually agree with what your saying for once :ROFLMAO:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree.
Except tree riding is not the only aspect to snowmobiling. Infact tree riding can be done anywhere there are trees. I do get a laugh at dudes driving for hours to the mountains to ride trees...LOL your fuel, your money, it must have todo with the trees in BC I guess. hahaha
Anyhow, if you like busting bark your right, no argument here.
I live in the mountain because I love the mountain's and everything it brings, if I wanted to bust bark I would ride my back yard, plenty of trees there and snow LOL.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds to me that some of you guys like to knock some down because they might not ride your style.
Sledding has many styles, for me its backcountry/high alpine involving many aspects and not just one such as tree riding or hill climbing.
Happy sledding boys

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree.
Except tree riding is not the only aspect to snowmobiling. Infact tree riding can be done anywhere there are trees. I do get a laugh at dudes driving for hours to the mountains to ride trees...LOL your fuel, your money, it must have todo with the trees in BC I guess. hahaha
Anyhow, if you like busting bark your right, no argument here.
I live in the mountain because I love the mountain's and everything it brings, if I wanted to bust bark I would ride my back yard, plenty of trees there and snow LOL.
Tree riding at home (for me) is nowhere near the same as tree riding in the mountains.

It can be fun, but not the same fun as working up the long hills in BC. Toss in a couple drainages and we have a good time.

Some guys drive all that way to drink beer and pound meadows. Doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough to find tree riding with 5ft of snow in Sask or Alberta. I think if you like tree riding, your likely ok with all the hill climbing, and playing in open pow on the way to the tree's. Kind of a win win really.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tree riding at home (for me) is nowhere near the same as tree riding in the mountains.

It can be fun, but not the same fun as working up the long hills in BC. Toss in a couple drainages and we have a good time.

Some guys drive all that way to drink beer and pound meadows. Doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own.
Whoa, lets not bring the beer into this. They are innocent in this matter. :cool:

Top Bottom