They sure don't go up the hill very fast.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree.
Except tree riding is not the only aspect to snowmobiling. Infact tree riding can be done anywhere there are trees. I do get a laugh at dudes driving for hours to the mountains to ride trees...LOL your fuel, your money, it must have todo with the trees in BC I guess. hahaha
Anyhow, if you like busting bark your right, no argument here.
I live in the mountain because I love the mountain's and everything it brings, if I wanted to bust bark I would ride my back yard, plenty of trees there and snow LOL.

You can’t really comment on why we travel to ride trees. You are fortunate enough to live in the mountains I’ll give you that. Not everyone is, and not everyone gets the snow you do. I don’t go sledding to “point and go” up a face or chute just holding it the bar. To me and I’m sure many other that’s fun for like and hour . To climb while playing in the trees and embracing the challenge and the learning how to manipulate your sled with throttle and technique and gaining new tricks/confidence . That’s what it’s about. That’s why we travel,you can’t do that in Alberta too much. If you think you can run your sidewinder in the trees with 3 ft of snow I’d love to see you stump hump. That’s why the bc trees are awesome. Just my 2 cents on it

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
img_7433-jpg.251651

Definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed but a HERO.
While your home paying and fixing I will slice some snow for you at Grizzly Lodge, Thanks.
But as too your comment, I think you missed the point or maybe I did, not being young and all trying to do what ever you do. LOL
Happy sledding or I mean fixing.

Last edited:

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
img_7433-jpg.251651

While your home paying and fixing I will slice some snow for you at Grizzly Lodge, Thanks.
But as too your comment, I think you missed the point or maybe I did, not being young and all trying to do what ever you do. LOL

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed because my sled rolled about 30 feet into a tree? It was more funny after the fact now of how it happened but thanks for the attempt at
calling me dumb lol enjoy your sweet 4 stroke. Hope she doesn’t roll down the epic chute you pull

Last edited:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can’t really comment on why we travel to ride trees. You are fortunate enough to live in the mountains I’ll give you that. Not everyone is, and not everyone gets the snow you do. I don’t go sledding to “point and go” up a face or chute just holding it the bar. To me and I’m sure many other that’s fun for like and hour . To climb while playing in the trees and embracing the challenge and the learning how to manipulate your sled with throttle and technique and gaining new tricks/confidence . That’s what it’s about. That’s why we travel,you can’t do that in Alberta too much. If you think you can run your sidewinder in the trees with 3 ft of snow I’d love to see you stump hump. That’s why the bc trees are awesome. Just my 2 cents on it
I really don't get why you guys hate on the 4 stroke guys? Especially a sidewinder, I doubt you have ridden a setup one. We are the ones making it harder on ourselves lol. Our whole group rides sidewinders and all we do is play in the trees and drop down stuff we probably shouldn't be dropping half the time. The reason why we ride them is because they pull like nothing else, even when your in 3' of fresh pow and in the trees, but there's nothing like looking up at a climb and the adrenaline you get when being on one of these things. I get they aren't for everyone but lets not try to make a 170hp two stoke turbo sound superior because at the end of the day I have ridden most of them and had a high horsepower skidoo xm turbo and it isn't in the same category as a tuned sidewinder. I guarantee you if you swung a leg over my 600lb rtr sidewinder you would come back with a smile on your face. Might not be an everyday sled for you but you cant deny the power and the sound are unbeatable and the fact that the arctic cat chassis actually handles good makes it so much easier to ride. We are all younger/ish guys too so maybe that helps? I know this is a skidoo/polaris forum and I hope they keep pushing the industry because Yamaha sure isn't. :beerchug:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
img_7433-jpg.251651

Pfff... that's phuk all!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't get why you guys hate on the 4 stroke guys? Especially a sidewinder, I doubt you have ridden a setup one. We are the ones making it harder on ourselves lol. Our whole group rides sidewinders and all we do is play in the trees and drop down stuff we probably shouldn't be dropping half the time. The reason why we ride them is because they pull like nothing else, even when your in 3' of fresh pow and in the trees, but there's nothing like looking up at a climb and the adrenaline you get when being on one of these things. I get they aren't for everyone but lets not try to make a 170hp two stoke turbo sound superior because at the end of the day I have ridden most of them and had a high horsepower skidoo xm turbo and it isn't in the same category as a tuned sidewinder. I guarantee you if you swung a leg over my 600lb rtr sidewinder you would come back with a smile on your face. Might not be an everyday sled for you but you cant deny the power and the sound are unbeatable and the fact that the arctic cat chassis actually handles good makes it so much easier to ride. We are all younger/ish guys too so maybe that helps? I know this is a skidoo/polaris forum and I hope they keep pushing the industry because Yamaha sure isn't. :beerchug:
I was tree bashing my 174 Boost-it Viper with the boys a few years back. Holy ch!t! phuck my life. Definitely do able... but why? If I went to Revy more often, I'd definitely buy a Winder for a second sled though. I do miss that Viper for big long pulls. Phuck was it fast!

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was tree bashing my 174 Boost-it Viper with the boys a few years back. Holy ch!t! phuck my life. Definitely do able... but why? If I went to Revy more often, I'd definitely buy a Winder for a second sled though. I do miss that Viper for big long pulls. Phuck was it fast!
Haha that's awesome, the winder handles a lot better than the viper especially a 174 but those boost it vipers are no joke, my buddies climbs anything and he only has a 162.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I typed this earlier but wasn't sure I was gonna post it....you kinda beat my to the point but it follows along the same lines as your thoughts and all this hate. To Bendy's point, Yeah in a perfect world everyone would have 3 sleds at least for different types of riding. That's not feasible so there is a compromise for everything and yes, you can tree bash with your Boost-It 300 HP Viper but its kinda like taking your top fuel dragster to the road course and expecting it to keep up with the formula cars.

For what its worth, take it or leave it. Just my opinion.

Earlier post:

"Why are the guys who don't ride 4 strokes always telling everyone else about how "crappy" they are? No offense to either of these 2 guys cuz they are both good dudes but Teth-Air and Maxy are 2 of most brand-biased hardcore 2-stroke dudes on this forum - probably not peeps I would give credibility to an opinion on 4 strokes. LOL My buddy has no problem putting his 4 stroke in places that lots wouldn't even take their 2 strokes.

Honestly, I'm finding much revolves around egos and needing to feel superior. People just need to accept there are different sledding styles. You can tell 10 people you ride tight trees and 7 of them will say the trees they ride are tighter, or steeper, or whatever. Everyone just needs to stop with the whole "you're not a 'god-like' sledder unless you're going 4 mph in the thick lumber doing button hooks all day long trying to be Burandt" sh!t. Stock sleds are that good that no one really stands out on the hill anymore for riding technical stuff and even newbs can look like rock stars - Look at that Mouskoka guy for proof. I'm not interested in going round and round in the same 2000 ft patch of trees all day bouncing branches off the hood, pedal stepping and doing uphill turns while staring at the same real estate but if that's your jam, giv're man. Its not less or more, just different."

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody here bickering about 4 stroke and 2 stroke mountain machines, and different types of riding.

Just remember, there's guys that have fun pounding out 300km of groomed trails per day on a 1999 Mach Z, and I'm pretty sure they outnumber us.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody here bickering about 4 stroke and 2 stroke mountain machines, and different types of riding.

Just remember, there's guys that have fun pounding out 300km of groomed trails per day on a 1999 Mach Z, and I'm pretty sure they outnumber us.
And they have just as much fun because it's what THEY like.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

To clarify I meant 3’ of snow total. Alberta doesn’t get as much snow to play in the trees like in bc. Wasn’t directed at the 4 strokes in trees . It was intended for if you wanna run your snowmobile in low snow by all means have at it but 10’ base would be way better. Had nothing to do originally with 2 stroke or four stroke. I do see more 300 hp sleds doing straight pulls then in the trees. And that’s where the point and go comment came from. So my apologize if that was misleading.

Last edited:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To clarify I meant 3’ of snow total. Alberta doesn’t get as much snow to play in the trees like in bc. Wasn’t directed at the 4 strokes in trees . It was intended for if you wanna run your snowmobile in low snow by all means have at it but 10’ base would be way better. Had nothing to do originally with 2 stroke or four stroke. I do see more 300 hp sleds doing straight pulls then in the trees. And that’s where the point and go comment came from. So my apologize if that was misleading.
All good man, ya if I was riding in 3' total I would be going through tracks like I was belts :ROFLMAO:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I get that guys aren't into the whole chute climbing game but do guys actually ride past a nice fresh "safe" hill and not go for a few pokes?! Seems to me everyone hits these as they are always tracked out, its the mountains and they were meant to be climbed. Had a snow bike that was better than anything in the trees and that got old. I love all aspects of the mountain, even the trail can be fun on the way down in the dark lol. The turbo smokers are great machines but the price and the stigma are kind of annoying lol but us Yamaha guys can be annoying too. Run what you brung

Top Bottom