They sure don't go up the hill very fast.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'd be surprised, Both machines aren't really designed for planting the skis and going up. With some suspension modification they will make great ground speed heading uphill

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUITE the RPM difference, and it's audible(can hear the difference) between the 2 sleds. the clickers on the doo are set too low. jus sayin ;)
Target rpm on the doo is 7950 and 8250 for the poo. If you watch, the poo is doing more like 8300-8400 most of the time. Many of the t-doo's are over revving too, but he doesn't usually have the gauge showing rpm's, so who knows.
Just like the video, the difference is quite noticeable in person.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haters will never understand or have the pleasure
I rode my buddies T850 2weeks ago, rip around with it, pulled Video hill (Owlshead) then gave it back to him.
SOOO he said, you getting one? You like?
I said, WELL, I think you need to take it back to the dealer, cause I don't think the turbo is working, with all seriousness.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they need to gear them up. If I remember correctly my M8 turbo is geared for 80 mph.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These new turbo Doo and Poo are nice sleds, I do like them and looking forward to riding the Poo version.
But when your accustom to 200+hp for all these years, these new turbos is like a guy riding an 800/850 and jumping to a 600 for a ride, it just doesn't thrill.
The Winders are just at home in the trees as they are on the hill's, unlike the previous 4stroke like the Apex. Its all in setup. JMO
As for the weight thing, its more of a misconception, yes on a showroom floor or in a shop they are WAY heavier, but compare equals in track sizing after a day in the snow that weight become much closer then what most think. Doo's become popsicles with the amount of ice they build up, Poo is not much better while Cat chassis stay relatively clean in comparo. (Winder = Cat chassis)
Comparing my buddies 175 turboG4 and my 174 Winder, we are almost 30lbs apart after spending the day in the pow. but with the Winder having a massive power advantage. I suspect he is 60-70lbs lighter in the shop dry (no snow but fueled) though. My observation's, I like the odds though, few Winders keeps things interesting out there.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These new turbo Doo and Poo are nice sleds, I do like them and looking forward to riding the Poo version.
But when your accustom to 200+hp for all these years, these new turbos is like a guy riding an 800/850 and jumping to a 600 for a ride, it just doesn't thrill.
The Winders are just at home in the trees as they are on the hill's, unlike the previous 4stroke like the Apex. Its all in setup. JMO
As for the weight thing, its more of a misconception, yes on a showroom floor or in a shop they are WAY heavier, but compare equals in track sizing after a day in the snow that weight become much closer then what most think. Doo's become popsicles with the amount of ice they build up, Poo is not much better while Cat chassis stay relatively clean in comparo. (Winder = Cat chassis)
Comparing my buddies 175 turboG4 and my 174 Winder, we are almost 30lbs apart after spending the day in the pow. but with the Winder having a massive power advantage. I suspect he is 60-70lbs lighter in the shop dry (no snow but fueled) though. My observation's, I like the odds though, few Winders keeps things interesting out there.
Well, I do respect your experience and I do love the Sidewinder but I'd be slow to call out anything for "Icing" when the dumbest thing Yamaha did was put the relays in the front of the snowmobile right where all the snow packs in and turns into a giant iceball. 200+ HP is useless when your sled doesn't start and you need to be towed out of Silent Pass......posting for a friend........LOL

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i can count on my left hand the amount of guys that would agree with you on this one.

Top Bottom