The Edmonton Oiler's Official Chat page....

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4-2 Oil, if they can stay out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New refs tonight , interesting that the same ref called every oiler penalty , while the other called the SJ penalties ...
Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reffing has seemed very hit and miss in the first few games of the playoffs. The Flames first game we had 7 penalties and the Ducks had 3 I think it was. The Flames weren't very disciplined and deserved probably 6 of those 7 but the Ducks got away with a lot again like always...

I have been keeping my eye on the Oilers and have to say I am quite impressed. They aren't being pushed around and are making the Sharks look slow which they aren't. Looks like a couple of good series so far!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a dominant game in all respects ...
Kass was a complete handful .
Fantastic coaching my tmc.
We can win this ....

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I didn't think the Oilers would make it past the Sharks but it is looking like its very doable. Hopefully the Flames can get it together as it would be sweet to meet up in round 2.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the Oilers could play the remainder of the games like they did last night less a few penalties you will see them in the Final. Decent goal tending, great shock blocking, attacking the net, controlling the pace, hitting everything that moves and not spending too long on line changes etc etc

Great playoff game. But the last 10 years out of the playoffs and the last 7 watching horrible hockey has left me a bit hesitant. If they can get past SanJose and stay healthy the sky is the limit.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be hard to play constantly at that level , but I do take a lot of satisfaction out of it knowing they at least are capable of that ...
In the last 10 years that would of been simply impossible to achieve.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Flamers are on the down and out... Long road back, against best team in the pacific.... The coach should have challenged that called off goal. I think they could have reversed the call... As it was, all they were reviewing is if the net was off its moorings. Too bad.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flamers are on the down and out... Long road back, against best team in the pacific.... The coach should have challenged that called off goal. I think they could have reversed the call... As it was, all they were reviewing is if the net was off its moorings. Too bad.
Stay on topic this is an Oilers thread lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kassian comes through again!

Eberle and the Nuge where invisible again tonight.

Gonna be tough sledding if those two don't start pulling their weight.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nuge had 5 shots on goal, ebs is playing great two way hockey for a change. hard to believe what a difference there is in team defense in one year's time. notice the sharks D were always back? they were playing very cautious hockey. kassian is my favourite psycho

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nuge had 5 shots on goal, ebs is playing great two way hockey for a change. hard to believe what a difference there is in team defense in one year's time. notice the sharks D were always back? they were playing very cautious hockey. kassian is my favourite psycho
Watch ebs a little closer, it drives me nuts.

Skates down the wing and gets forced to the corner. Seldom does he work his way into the slot anymore.

Guess I expect more from him after his world Juniors performance years ago.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a bit off a chess match , but the sharks looked tired and can't skate with the oil ....
They are positional a lot more sound , but if they open it up , they are in trouble ...
Tmc obviously told the team to back off the penalties as well....
All in all , the future looks good .

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the oil weathered the 1st period, and then took control of the game ... you could sense the transition and strategy play at the very end of the first... it's like they shifted into another gear, and then I agree, the sharks started looking slow :) ... Gonna head down to rexall for the next game, i'm thinking :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch ebs a little closer, it drives me nuts.

Skates down the wing and gets forced to the corner. Seldom does he work his way into the slot anymore.

Guess I expect more from him after his world Juniors performance years ago.
his offensive game has been much the same, but at least he's backchecking. something he rarely did in the reg season, I hated how he just gave up on plays so easy and sauntered to the bench. we pay you 6 mil to skate, fawking skate already. I thought maybe when he got the hattie it was the start of something good...I'm still holding some hope he'll catch fire.

Top Bottom