Edmonton Oilers 50/50

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We attempted to buy 4 times. Confirmations kept rolling in For couple hours also. Wasn’t so bad $400 in tickets total.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's going to end well. I cannot believe they didn't put out a notice for anyone wanting to dispute duplicate charges to contact them before such and such time, unless they just plan on refunding all of them. Once it's drawn and people don't win, they are just going to dispute all the duplicate cards on their credit card which i'm sure amounts to millions of dollars.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard on the bear that they did put out a statement. They are hoping to have everything resolved by Monday afternoon. This includes all duplicate charges. Also going to try and contact people that were not able to get tickets.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heard on the bear that they did put out a statement. They are hoping to have everything resolved by Monday afternoon. This includes all duplicate charges. Also going to try and contact people that were not able to get tickets.

How would they contact people that were not able to get tickets? People I know could not even get in they were blocked. For as many tickets that are buggered up this is a huge mess. I hope there are some lessons learned for next time. And hopefully the Oilers community foundation finds a better company to look after this. I wouldn't give these guys a third chance, they already had issues on the second time around.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My CC has not been charged yet. I made it right through to the end in the morning of the draw but it timed out when I hit submit...no email of tickets. Tried again later in the day, got through and also received email with ticket numbers but yet no charge to my credit card yet.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I read them all and nowhere did I see them asking anyone with issues to reach out, so it's not very good plan. I foresee them being screwed if they rely on what they have said so far unless they are automatically refunding all duplicate charges. The best option by far is just refunding everything and doing a new draw for a few days.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read them all and nowhere did I see them asking anyone with issues to reach out, so it's not very good plan. I foresee them being screwed if they rely on what they have said so far unless they are automatically refunding all duplicate charges. The best option by far is just refunding everything and doing a new draw for a few days.

An email received this morning allowing you to refund, cancel,or keep the tickets you currently have. This process tarts today and expires noon on Thursday.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
_aPA3ZxG43zMZ8wE6cJBTh-GqbQ8SNz1H5o85DfvSdFu3bzOFRr0kH4CvZOUESFouc_rz0F2gi0VfrhqAeXkcSenEVy4Nh01VufXquDUXe-Pw-SsotLQdD5jJmzUKhGpHFx1uz1jX6WQeUQrDfNFeafhJlKjsemFQAMKulse5v8KBOeQv28MBsh4QlR3pfEnm4Pzw5YrPMduSzFJzBNqS39U6JhVEU-1Zkc1sN_UqMLVT7TPxU61dlc8BCyM=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Hockey Fans:

Thank you for participating in the unprecedented Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation’s Re/Max online 50/50 raffle on Friday, August 7. The winning ticket has yet to be drawn and all tickets remain valid for the largest 50/50 raffle in sports history.

We understand the frustration created by the delay in resolution. We are excited to announce the winning ticket number once we resolve the many inquiries we received since Friday.

Given the systems challenges with our service provider, we are going to offer you the chance to void any ticket purchases over the coming days, starting on Monday, August 10 and closing on Thursday, August 13 at 12:00 PM MT. Your money for any void tickets will then be returned into your bank account shortly thereafter. Once all the requests for void tickets are entered, we will draw the lucky winner.

Here are the options available to you:

• If you received your email confirmation(s) and would like to keep all of your tickets valid in the draw, no further action is required.
  • If, due to errors with the website, you received multiple email confirmations and charges, please forward your email confirmation for any tickets charged in error that you wish to be cancelled to Void5050@EdmontonOilers.com. Do not send tickets you wish to keep to this address. Any tickets that you want voided will be refunded to you. This address will not reply to inquiries and can only accept confirmation orders.
  • If for any reason you wish to cancel your tickets, please forward your email confirmation to Void5050@EdmontonOilers.com.
  • If you would like another copy of your ticket confirmation or believe you did not receive a confirmation email for any charged tickets, please email Confirm5050@EdmontonOilers.com and your tickets will be resent. Please note we require 3 critical items to resend your tickets: First name, last name and email address to complete this action. This address will not reply to inquiries and can only accept the 3 critical items. Please use the same information you used to purchase your tickets to avoid any errors or confusion. If after you have gone through that process and you do not want to keep those tickets, please send to Void5050@EdmontonOilers.com and we will void them for you.
Even if you have already sent us a request to void your tickets, you must follow the steps above to ensure we are able to accurately process your request.

All requests for refunds/voids must be received by no later than Thursday, August 13, at 12 noon MT.

If you have any additional questions about your Re/Max online 50/50 raffle tickets please contact us at 5050@edmontonoilers.com.

Your support of the Re/Max online 50/50 raffle will help many charitable activities in our community when it is needed most. Thank you for your ongoing support and your patience throughout this process.

Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't see how the issue could be dealt with better. Sure will be interesting to see how much the prize pool will shrink.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I ended up with 671 tickets and if I hadn't stopped to check my email it would have been much more.....

But at this point I can't bring myself to have any of them voided because with my luck one of the ones I void would have been the winner.

I'm betting it will remain over $12M when the dust settles, most folks will keep the extra tickets, unless it's thousands of dollars.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they will get the draw done tomorrow. Hoping its over 10M still, and that its my number drawn too.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=3]UPDATE: FRIDAY, AUG. 14[/h][FONT=&quot]We thank everyone for their patience as we continue our work to resolve outstanding action items related to our online 50/50.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This week, working closely with our technology service provider Ascend Fundraising Solutions, we took the prudent step of contacting all participants in the 50/50 raffle via email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We offered four different options to participants:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Keep all tickets and remain in the draw [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Keep some of your tickets and receive a partial refund [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Cancel your tickets [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Request confirmation email/ticket numbers [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Through this process, we have generated more than 200,000 communications touchpoints with raffle participants.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Although these steps have taken some time to complete, we feel this process was the right thing to do to ensure the integrity of the raffle. AGLC is aware and supportive of our process.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Our next step is to process all refunds. We will not draw the winning number until this step is done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We expect this process will take us into next week and we will take the needed time to get this right and get refunds completed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We once again thank all participants in the EOCF RE/MAX Online 50/50 raffle for their patience as we work through the technical issues that arose due to the unprecedented volume of demand experienced.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The dollars raised by this raffle will do great good in our community by going to charities and groups, helping those that need it most.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will continue to provide regular updates until the raffle is completed.
https://www.nhl.com/oilers/community/5050-landing
[/FONT]

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Draw will occur early to mid next week. 14.3M

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom