The Calgary Flamers????? Opinions pleeze. SMACKTALK

RocroM8

Reaction score
You know why they won't give Red Deer a NHL Team?............
Becasue Calgary would want one. LOL

G

Guest1

So who from the Flames goes (gets skidded) 1st?

(1) Keenan

(2) Sutter

(3) Assistant Coaching Staff

(4) Iggy

(5) Ollie

(6) Bertuzzi

(7) Leopold & Phaneuf

(8) Kipper

(9) Ken King

(10) Harvey the Hound

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i guess the hawks are the next team that the nucks get to send golfin..Hahaha.. GO NUCKS GO!!!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd keep Harvey the hound, at least he shows up when he's supposed to...:cheering:

Skid the rest...:d

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's more than one to blame for the demise of the Flames, I've heard all the arm chair critics calling out Bertuzzi, it almost sounds like he's supposed to be a one man saviour, but nobody says anything about the lack luster performance of the rest of the so called core of players. Have you looked at the stats , of the top 10 point getters on the Flames more than half have a +/- rating in the minus. Compare that with the canucks, who only have 2, and just barely in the minus. Injuries took there toll at the wrong part of the season, which didn't help. The lack of discipline by the whole team was a major factor, did they even have a power play unit???, You could go on about every aspect of their play, but the truth is ,the Flames got beat by a better team, plain an simple. Better luck next year Flamers!!!!!!! Oilers are waiting for you at the club house for the first round!!!! HAHAHA!!!
GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
Well obviously I am very happy with the Flamers going out in the first round. I personally think Sutter will be the first change we see.

Many of you have seen my posts and know about my hatred for Bertuzzi. But, you cant blame everything on him, although it is easy. he showed up to play for a few weeks here and there and then cost the flames as well. HELLO BAD PENALTIES!

Kipper, yes he had a record for wins, but incase you missed it his save percentage was an all time low. It got them to the playoffs ( which yes is better than my Oilers) but it will not and did not get them further.

Phanuef....flames should be cheering he got injured, guys was playing like crap.

Olli was a smart pick, one of Sutter's better choices, but the luster wore off.

I personally think Iggy is one of the best captains the league has. He has grit, talent and integrity. I dont think he is a one man show though and Sutter has never been able to get someone for him to "click" with. That is exactly what that guy needs. (Forsberg and Sakic is a great example)

I think there is a HUGE possibility we see a big name leave Calgary, they cant ignore the 4 years in a row thing.

Coaching? That would be alot of changes in a short time frame, so I dont know if a change will occur there, but it may.

Just my 2 cents. Cant talk about the Oil right now, so have to rant about something. Good thing I picked Hawks players in my pool instead of Flamers though!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well obviously I am very happy with the Flamers going out in the first round. I personally think Sutter will be the first change we see.

Many of you have seen my posts and know about my hatred for Bertuzzi. But, you cant blame everything on him, although it is easy. he showed up to play for a few weeks here and there and then cost the flames as well. HELLO BAD PENALTIES!

Kipper, yes he had a record for wins, but incase you missed it his save percentage was an all time low. It got them to the playoffs ( which yes is better than my Oilers) but it will not and did not get them further.

Phanuef....flames should be cheering he got injured, guys was playing like crap.

Olli was a smart pick, one of Sutter's better choices, but the luster wore off.

I personally think Iggy is one of the best captains the league has. He has grit, talent and integrity. I dont think he is a one man show though and Sutter has never been able to get someone for him to "click" with. That is exactly what that guy needs. (Forsberg and Sakic is a great example)

I think there is a HUGE possibility we see a big name leave Calgary, they cant ignore the 4 years in a row thing.

Coaching? That would be alot of changes in a short time frame, so I dont know if a change will occur there, but it may.

Just my 2 cents. Cant talk about the Oil right now, so have to rant about something. Good thing I picked Hawks players in my pool instead of Flamers though!

You kill there SWEETY PANTS........when the OILERS sent out a SOS about mid season.....YOU went running like a crab to a whore house....No one could find you......When the OILERS were deep throating another missed play-off...We put your picture on a MILK CARTON.....you made one small appearance and Poof gone again.
Real fortune tellers actually leave their lights on ALL YEAR....not just when 1 of their predictions come true.
You need to worry about your team first.....When your churning at 100% then you have time to point fingers.

Yup the Flames are out , but I never sayed they would go far. Guys like FAB and ME take our beatings we dont hide.

But you sure are entertaining.

Last edited:

girlluvshockey

Reaction score
You kill there SWEETY PANTS........when the OILERS sent out a SOS about mid season.....YOU went running like a crab to a whore house....No one could find you......When the OILERS were deep throating another missed play-off...We put your picture on a MILK CARTON.....you made one small appearance and Poof gone again.
Real fortune tellers actually leave their lights on ALL YEAR....not just when 1 of their predictions come true.
You need to worry about your team first.....When your churning at 100% then you have time to point fingers.

Yup the Flames are out , but I never sayed they would go far. Guys like FAB and ME take our beatings we dont hide.

But you sure are entertaining.

But if I didn't vanish for awhile that post wouldn't be nearly as entertaining....I am still laughing.

You all just missed me thats all!

Oh.....Hey...I am paying up to Fab for the bet I made.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if I didn't vanish for awhile that post wouldn't be nearly as entertaining....I am still laughing.

You all just missed me thats all!

Oh.....Hey...I am paying up to Fab for the bet I made.

Yup you keep us in smiles:d

Well yaaah we miss you......your predictions are like watching train wrecks:eek:

FAB'S interest rate is high:p

Top Bottom