Tenant skipped out, left a mess and damage. I need to find him...Suggestions?

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Here is his pic.

View attachment 170064

I will find him. A friend of mine does footwork for lawyer firms, and can do legal searches, Liens, Garnishee wages etc.. I have 7 years to find him and make his life miserable.[/QUOTE

Actually you don't really need to find him to get a judement He never left a forwarding address so start court work you will have to post in a newspaper then go to court if he doent show you get your judgement,after that you still have to find bank account or his job and banks will not give you any info.But once you have a judgement its for life so no loans unless he pays it

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Abandonment can be issued 24 hours after you believe he has fled. You post up a 24 hour notice to terminate, then you can enter the premises. Then you put up a notice of abandonment and change the locks. If his stuff is worth less than 2000, junk it. I did all of this and took lots of pictures and collected evidence and kept all of my bills.
I was unaware of the forwarding address, and the newspaper thing... I guess I will look into that closer.

Change the locks, and keep his stuff and his DD.

Legally after 9 months to the day, it is considered "abandonment"

From there you can do, whatever you want!!!

I have had renters, before and have been screwed too.

As long as it's all on paper, its all good !!!

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Cuso, ****ty deal on your place. I have a buddy who use to work with this guy, I recognized the company name on his jacket. I called him and he asked around, heard that he is working for Economy Landscape.

Who knows if he actually works there or not but worth looking into

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he ever gave you a cheque for rent your bank will be able to give you a copy or trace the account it came from. You gotta ask yourself is it worth your time. Yah he screwed you. Next time drop the hammer as soon as rent is not there. Yah sounds like a prick thing to do, but you probably won't be as considerate to the next guy now, right? Renters will screw you if they think they can get away with it. Firing a warning shot like an eviction notice due to rent arrears generally gets their attention, stating its only a way of covering your interests, nothing personal.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
judgements not forever think they have to be renewed every 5 yrs or so used to cost 25.00 to re register

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kirk J Fisher.

https://www.facebook.com/kirk.fisher.90?fref=ts

He is on Facebook when I searched his name, and is active. He has some family and friends.. I was thinking of opening up a facebook page of all the $hit he did with pics and send it to all the people who really know him. Perhaps a bounty to find him..

he just posted on facebook 22 minutes ago....

also found this in his pic comments

Kirk Fisher I only got 500 for pawn. Hes got my skidoo too from couple months ago. Im loosing everything thx to the ex. Gona be out of my house by the end of the month. But I needed the money for my truck payment. Now I need to find a new job. I have all chloes toys nd clothes to get rid of too. The ex took her from me just before xmas. Then frauded my bank account on the 29th. Bitch took everything I had in there. I hope I can make it till march. Then ill get all my **** out of pawn. January 11 at 5:39pm

Guess he got drunk and took out his aggression? then skipped out.

Is this the kitchen? this was posted april 20th.

Attachments

• 1461380_688629977845979_3222435547812292397_n.jpg
    1461380_688629977845979_3222435547812292397_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried messaging him on facebook? Or post on his wall?

Ya, I read all the past posts.. One excuse for him not coming up with the rent was that his ex embezzled the money from their joint account... to be so stupid as to let her have access to that account is beyond me. She did take the money, she admitted that to me..

I have not contacted him on FB. The main reason for that, is I am waiting for a clue as to where he is. If he knows that his account is open to the public, it's game over.

I have to let natural selection take its course and hope he screws up like saying that he is or will be somewhere. I know he has a spot at a mini storage lot just north of where he lived... I was thinking of seeing if he empties it out at the end of the month..

When I find out where he is... Trust me, I will let all of his FB friends know how much of a loser he is by opening up a page of my rental suite with all the pictures and damage on it.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sister had a tenant go bonkers, we cleaned out a gravel truck and trailer full of crap plus a enclosed sled trailer worth of useful stuff we kept plus the month long reno afterwork and weekends she and her husband did!

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like he needs to spend a little less time on Facebook and a little more time finding a fawking job. What a deadbeat. Good luck Cuso

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
I'm always afraid of this happening to our rental property. We got a rental agreement from a realtor, and had a lawyer take a quick look at it. We have a clause that they must have proof of renters insurance, and you get tenants insurance. Then if this ever happens, your insurance company sues their insurance company, and voila you get compensated. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but maybe something to think about for the future.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would just let it go. There is no excuse for damaging someone elses property, but I feel bad for the guy. He obviously doesnt have the greatest life, and now things just got a whole bunch worse for him. I would take a little compassion. So youre out a months rent, a few doors, and some cleaning..........he did pay your mortgage for you for the last 3 years. Just saying, it could be worse. I think you are going to waste alot of time, money, and energy chasing this guy.....and if you do catch up with him its just going to be another kick while hes down, and questionable whether you will get anything. Fix the doors, clean the place up, and find a new renter IMHO.

Bash away:)

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would just let it go. There is no excuse for damaging someone elses property, but I feel bad for the guy. He obviously doesnt have the greatest life, and now things just got a whole bunch worse for him. I would take a little compassion. So youre out a months rent, a few doors, and some cleaning..........he did pay your mortgage for you for the last 3 years. Just saying, it could be worse. I think you are going to waste alot of time, money, and energy chasing this guy.....and if you do catch up with him its just going to be another kick while hes down, and questionable whether you will get anything. Fix the doors, clean the place up, and find a new renter IMHO.

I agree I just bought my first rental property and If I get 3 years of rent from a tenant with no issue I would cut my losses and move on. If the damage is really bad I would consider making a insurance claim. I might move on easier than the next guy because it would just be my time and materials to fix it back to what it was. It probably will happen to me one day but as a investment it is a high return and relatively low risk. You would probably lose more money if you were investing in stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The last guy renting my duplex did that... the only REAL legal way to do any of that.. is the same way to remove someone.... You have to hire this special sherrif... Ill look up the number

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok here goes.... I had a bunch of rentals and got screwed every way possible. Fact is, its a business.... if you don't collect rent every month it comes out of the landlords jeans. I get all the compassion stuff and believe me I tried to be the nice guy landlord. Speaking from experience DON'T DO IT. Expect your rent every month and immediately begin eviction after the first second it is late. (Funny how much quicker they tend to pay after the first notice.)

Yeah yeah I get the guy is having a rough go.... maybe he should have owned up to his obligations and confronted his landlord and explained the situation. It may have worked in his favor..

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree. Fix it up and get the money coming in again!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kirk J Fisher.

https://www.facebook.com/kirk.fisher.90?fref=ts

He is on Facebook when I searched his name, and is active. He has some family and friends.. I was thinking of opening up a facebook page of all the $hit he did with pics and send it to all the people who really know him. Perhaps a bounty to find him..

honestly... cut your losses... clean up renovate and move on... it's all a tax right off for you... these thing always cost money and time... always lean in the renters favour... and like someone else said... you should be checking crack houses... either way... your gonna waste your time and you can't get blood from a rock or cash from a cracky... im sorry this happened to you ... just be happy he paid your mortgage for 3 good years...

Top Bottom