Tenant skipped out, left a mess and damage. I need to find him...Suggestions?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always afraid of this happening to our rental property. We got a rental agreement from a realtor, and had a lawyer take a quick look at it. We have a clause that they must have proof of renters insurance, and you get tenants insurance. Then if this ever happens, your insurance company sues their insurance company, and voila you get compensated. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but maybe something to think about for the future.

have you any experience with a management company??? Im thinking of going this route and just telling em to call me when renters move out so i don't get gouged on the minor repairs...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into details on the whole story behind this loser. I tried to help this guy get out of his miserable hole, only for him to screw mw over. I have had bad renters in this house before, and every time I end up picking up the pieces. I am done with the jerry springer sagas and will find the fugger. I moved on with a couple of previous tenants, and this one is different.

I have been spending many nights and weekends fixing the place up. It's getting old.

Thanks for the suggestions on helping me find him.

Last edited:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do so many people now a days have this heart bleeding attitude that it's OK to fawk someone over and they should get away with it? I don't care what this losers story is. He has done wrong and should be made to make it right. Why should he get away with this? Why? To many people are screwing others and getting away with it. I say catch him and take him to court and if he can't make restitution then he can rot in jail for a time. Maybe next time he decides to skip out on his responsibility he would think twice about it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Why do so many people now a days have this heart bleeding attitude that it's OK to fawk someone over and they should get away with it? I don't care what this losers story is. He has done wrong and should be made to make it right. Why should he get away with this? Why? To many people are screwing others and getting away with it. I say catch him and take him to court and if he can't make restitution then he can rot in jail for a time. Maybe next time he decides to skip out on his responsibility he would think twice about it.

In a nut shell, the one's handing out the consequences are the biggest "heart bleeders" and IMHO, it is just going to get worse. There is too much pussy footing around and nobody calls a spade a spade anymore and the bubble wrapping is getting to be on everything!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a nut shell, the one's handing out the consequences are the biggest "heart bleeders" and IMHO, it is just going to get worse. There is too much pussy footing around and nobody calls a spade a spade anymore and the bubble wrapping is getting to be on everything!

yep. sad part is take him to court CUSO would likely come out of it on the chitty end of the stick.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We just spent 2 years in and out of small claims court. We did not use a lawyer.

We won a judgement yesterday. Now wait 30 days if they appeal. Then I will take the judgement to the collection agent.

Broadstreet Properties did not get so big by letting people not pay or damage stuff.

Now we use the paperwork and forms from the Landlord Tenant Advisory Board. Yes you buy the forms.

This is the web site. http://www.edmonton.ca/for_residents/programs/landlord-and-tenant-advisory-board.aspx

They have forms that cover everything. Rent increases, eviction etc.

Also you can join a group of tenants that meet and discuss problems and issues.

Run it like a business.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just as a thought ... someone should start a facebook page of bad tennants so others dont get stung by these losers. start a hotmail account, start a fake facebook account and all you landlords will know who's who ...
sure its illeagle on so many levels.
if they pay thier debt, thier name gets removed.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with you, but there's no chance in hell anyone does any jail time for that. Our justice system can't even keep serial car thieves locked up.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with you, but there's no chance in hell anyone does any jail time for that. Our justice system can't even keep serial car thieves locked up.

Yes I know and THAT is the problem with our society these days. Everyone knows they can get away with....well murder never mind skipping out on rent payments and damaging someone else's property.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post on his facebook page that you heard was a really good loader operator and you are looking to hire one....see if he answers

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is so true! I'm in a labor relations course right now dealing primarily with the new workplace anti bullying and harassment legislation. We needed this legislation but, holy crap did they go too frickin' far! Almost impossible to discipline someone any more without ending up in court. Political correctness to the extreme! It's ruining society as we know it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is so true! I'm in a labor relations course right now dealing primarily with the new workplace anti bullying and harassment legislation. We needed this legislation but, holy crap did they go too frickin' far! Almost impossible to discipline someone any more without ending up in court. Political correctness to the extreme! It's ruining society as we know it.

Yes. We had a similar I Love you course. Because we manage a crew at work.

The F word is kind of banned from work.

And we work in a Firehall that everyone swears in. WTF

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

only problem with it is that he will probalbly only get a slap on the wrist and Cuso will still be left holding the bag. That is if you can get him into court in the first place. Sorry for your luck Cuso.

stoshu

Reaction score
We just spent 2 years in and out of small claims court. We did not use a lawyer.

We won a judgement yesterday. Now wait 30 days if they appeal. Then I will take the judgement to the collection agent.

Broadstreet Properties did not get so big by letting people not pay or damage stuff.

Now we use the paperwork and forms from the Landlord Tenant Advisory Board. Yes you buy the forms.

This is the web site. Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board :: City of Edmonton

They have forms that cover everything. Rent increases, eviction etc.

Also you can join a group of tenants that meet and discuss problems and issues.

Run it like a business.
Broadstreet make money by building as cheap and fast as possible. I once built a a 4 storey for them without using tape measures. Took us 11 days. Quality was not a priority, there only rentals.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broadstreet make money by building as cheap and fast as possible. I once built a a 4 storey for them without using tape measures. Took us 11 days. Quality was not a priority, there only rentals.

Correct usually rentals and always full..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, he texted the tenant downstairs saying she owes him 135$ for utilities.

He then texted her again and said that it was now 275$ and he is pissed!! and that she better not screw her over or else.....

I told her to ignore the texts and notify police if it gets worse.... AND CALL ME. I have his new cell# now \

I want to lay a beating on this fugger so bad...

Top Bottom