Tablets

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am kinda computer dumb. That being said, I am looking to by a tablet for my wife for christmas. Looking for something without the need for a data plan, as we have wifi anywhere it would be used. Any sudgestions? Looking to spend in the $5-600 range. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my mom has an Ipad an she loves it. Although Im not a fan cause i cant post pics eaisly from it and youtube takes forever to load. but maybe that because I dont use it enough and know how to run it. Otherwise it seems alright.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pad 2 has been working great for me.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a playbook, ok with Wi-fi, wound't sync properly with Blackberry.
We did want something that we could take in the vehicle etc., so got rid of it and went I-pad 2. Works same as playbook so features are similar, you can download app's
etc. Don't think you would go wrong with either, but like anything else, if you go Playbook, you may regret not haing it for the road.\
JMO

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a IPAD 2 lst week online, shipped right to my door. No waiting in line crap or mall mddness. as far as comparing it to others I'm zero help. I did the Ipad thing as we have Iphones already and we're getting a Mac home computer in jan.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the iPad2 and I love it well worth every penny I use it for work I found an App for cheap that does everything and more that my $400 salon program did on my laptop. It syncs with iCloud my iPhone and the default google calendar on both. It is the best!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Default google calendar? Can you fill me in a little on that one? Thanks!

Hum maybe I worded that wrong the default calendar on your IPhone and iPad you can sync them all as well as my salon app so as soon as I open the app they all sync you can add anyone's google calendar to your device color code them so you can see if there is a conflict or double booking. When got my iPad they told me all this and in fact sat with me for 2hrs to set it all up. It's great.

ridindirtym3

Reaction score
I went out and bought an ipad, work hooked us up w/ playbooks.. Both are excellent devices, the ipad is much better for entertainment purposes, more apps, better apps, bigger screen easier to use (my wife uses it all the time).. For myself i have the playbook synced to my BB, i can read/write emails, bb messenger, transfer and save files and playbook supports adobe so it can easily open pdf's and review programs and drawings w/ clients when we're no the go.. Email docs straight across as it's uses my BB data plan..
Entertainment purposes not doubt go for the ipad..
For business use i'd consider the playbook as i've found my to be extremely handy..

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that the motorola xoom is just as good, but has like 40,000 app's instead of 200,000 app's like Ipad. LOL on line for 409 with 32 gig and wifi, I heard it has some better features than Ipad.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have an ipad and really like it. I ordered a Playbook for my kid. I think the playbook is the best value out there for the $200. FYI... apple sells 200,000 ipads every 48 hours right now and Blackberry has only sold 200,000 in there first quarter of production (90 days). blackberry may not have the support Apple does so beware. Also you will NOT find a Playbook ANYWHERE right now. they are sold out in north america right now and on back order.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the ipad2 and blackberry playbook. PLAYBOOK is faster for internet and snow and mud! Ipad2 better for apps and games.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Really???? I was going to buy one last week at staples, they had the 32gig on sale from $599 down to $299, I called our tech manager at work for his imput and he said that they are really nice for business purposes but not much of a toy.... same goes for BB vs Iphone. I just hate trying to view pdf files on the BB by the time you zoom in enough to read it you can only view 1/10 of the page at a time. Our company had a few kicking around so he told me not to buy one and he would hook me up...so I have it now and have been using it to surf the net but I'm not sync'd with my BB yet, He'll set that up this week for me.

I have an ipad and really like it. I ordered a Playbook for my kid. I think the playbook is the best value out there for the $200. FYI... apple sells 200,000 ipads every 48 hours right now and Blackberry has only sold 200,000 in there first quarter of production (90 days). blackberry may not have the support Apple does so beware. Also you will NOT find a Playbook ANYWHERE right now. they are sold out in north america right now and on back order.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Really???? I was going to buy one last week at staples, they had the 32gig on sale from $599 down to $299, I called our tech manager at work for his imput and he said that they are really nice for business purposes but not much of a toy.... same goes for BB vs Iphone. I just hate trying to view pdf files on the BB by the time you zoom in enough to read it you can only view 1/10 of the page at a time. Our company had a few kicking around so he told me not to buy one and he would hook me up...so I have it now and have been using it to surf the net but I'm not sync'd with my BB yet, He'll set that up this week for me.

app world, blackerry bridge. done

transformer prime tablet coming soon...

Top Bottom