T3 track porting....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately better than BRP's first attempt at track porting. Shouldn't lose any flotation, save some weight and possibly keep the skid cleaner in deep snow like the original ported track did.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's to reduce weight and make it rotate easier around the 7 tooth drivers. It works because the t3 track feels just like a 2.5 track. No weird vibrations or anything like an aftermarket 3".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's to reduce weight and make it rotate easier around the 7 tooth drivers. It works because the t3 track feels just like a 2.5 track. No weird vibrations or anything like an aftermarket 3".

Do they use round drivers, unlike the hexagonal shaped ones on many 174 conversions? As this may be part of the difference. I'm just curious, this T3 kinda has me intrigued.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they use round drivers, unlike the hexagonal shaped ones on many 174 conversions? As this may be part of the difference. I'm just curious, this T3 kinda has me intrigued.

They are round just like the factory drivers on the 2.5 sleds. And your right that has a major effect in reducing vibration. Spent some time on it today and you can't tell it's a 3" track under there on the trail but an aftermarket 3" conversion you can tell big time

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well guess I have never really road a aftermarket 174, 3 inch tracked sled

But the T3 has a vibration worse than my xp did

Through the bars and the boards

Feet and hands numb....

Mabe it was the ones I test road, but dunno

sent while I should be drinking tea's

670rugerboy

Reaction score
If you spent time on it, how about a review?
They are round just like the factory drivers on the 2.5 sleds. And your right that has a major effect in reducing vibration. Spent some time on it today and you can't tell it's a 3" track under there on the trail but an aftermarket 3" conversion you can tell big time

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno , both the t3 that I road had a bad vibration in the bars and boards... Mabe it won't be there for the production sleds but that's one of the dislikes I had

Hands and feet went numb after a while

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. me writing a review will just attract all the vultures and things will go sideways. give me a call and i will tell you all about it

let them hate !!. it just proves a point. nothing wrong with honest opinions right ?

Top Bottom