Looking for m8 tracks

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a couple of 2011 m8s. The tracks are trashed on them. What is the best track to throw on these beasts? Anyone have a track or two laying around? 153s

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo 2.5 with the sawtooth paddles work killer in the M-series. Those stock 2.25" powerclaw tracks sucked. That said I would for sure stretch one to 162 with the above gear and put a camo on the other just so you aren't dumping a ton of coin into older machines. The 2011 M8 was a killer sled in it's day though, best bang for the buck mountain sled until the XM came out.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah these are pretty rough but I got them cheap. At least they should be decent enough to get out a few times, but cheap enough that I don't feel guilty about them sitting if I dont

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah these are pretty rough but I got them cheap. At least they should be decent enough to get out a few times, but cheap enough that I don't feel guilty about them sitting if I dont
They've been Kootenay'd eh? Sounds like the rzr I picked up this spring, cheap enough that if it only gets used 4 times/year I don't feel bad about it. #kidssportsruinpowersportstime

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20221027_092204.jpg

old700

Reaction score
I swapped in a 2.6 powerclaw in a 2011 M8 back in the day. Mind you it was a 162, but sled was all stock with some Bikeman clutching, and it worked really good. Best sled I have ever had actually. Didnt have to change drivers, but IIRC, a 3" wouldnt fit.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McLean is giving me a sweet deal on a track and rails. If anyone is coming from Calgary to the kootenays with room for a track it would be greatly appreciated.

Still looking for another one. Would love to find a camo extreme 2.5 if possible.

And any other spare m8 parts laying around you want to get rid of. These things are pretty rough!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McLean is giving me a sweet deal on a track and rails. If anyone is coming from Calgary to the kootenays with room for a track it would be greatly appreciated.

Still looking for another one. Would love to find a camo extreme 2.5 if possible.

And any other spare m8 parts laying around you want to get rid of. These things are pretty rough!
Might be able to help with the tracks, not sure about timeline though, give me a few days. I have a spare secondary clutch (fully rebuilt) and probably some other parts laying around, I can take a look and let you know. FYI - a 3" track will fit the M-series without any mods.

Also, check the steering posts for cracks and in the area of the tunnel where they bolt to at the bulkhead These were a known weak point of the M-series sleds and will always guarantee to break at the worst possible time for you. Curtis makes a brace for it >>>>> https://www.canadasledparts.com/product/arctic-cat-m-series-wide-bulkhead-brace/

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be able to help with the tracks, not sure about timeline though, give me a few days. I have a spare secondary clutch (fully rebuilt) and probably some other parts laying around, I can take a look and let you know. FYI - a 3" track will fit the M-series without any mods.

Also, check the steering posts for cracks and in the area of the tunnel where they bolt to at the bulkhead These were a known weak point of the M-series sleds and will always guarantee to break at the worst possible time for you. Curtis makes a brace for it >>>>> https://www.canadasledparts.com/product/arctic-cat-m-series-wide-bulkhead-brace/
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look and see if any of the steering posts are braced.

I found a ride for the track and rails from McLean from a local guy just now, but thanks alot.

Yeah let me know what parts you find and what you want for them.

Here's my progress so far. Have a few projects on the go in the house, so the sleds have been slow. Man can the driveshaft ever get stuck on those bearings on the brake side!

20221113_165329.jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20221222_172806.jpg

Finally got both of these done. Holy cow what a job. They needed alot more work than I had anticipated. Thanks to McLean on here for the sweet deal on the track and rails. Also picked up a parts sled in town here that really helped. Kids are pretty stoked. Our 10 year old has already ran half a tank through the one. 8 year old is freaked out so still prefers the old phazer

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles on each?
What did you do with the clutches?
Just over 4000km on both sleds. The primaries on them were good, but both secondaries were toast. Found a couple used secondaries locally. The one is a little suspect so wouldn't mind finding another one.

Looks like some shrapnel went through the clutches on the parts sled I got. The sheaves are pretty marked up. The primary is way worse than the secondary. Is this usable, or scrap?

Attachments

• 20221215_092210.jpg
    20221215_092210.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 79

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say run it, its not going to affect much. I've got some parts for these sleds, some new and some older but still good. Bushings etc, most were changed out when I did a bunch of powder coating and might be better than what you have in the sled. Blue top secondary was fully re-done, and hasnt been run, rollers were changed before and still good but I do have an extra set of new Rock Rollers for it. Gold one has new rollers etc. Both are multi-angle helixes. Lots of primary springs, 77 Gr weights etc, most were never used. Headlight covers, etc.

Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9817[1].JPG
    IMG_9817[1].JPG
    438.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9818[1].JPG
    IMG_9818[1].JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9819[1].JPG
    IMG_9819[1].JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom