T motion failures

Old mtn. man

Reaction score
Hi Ken, I just read on the thread about starting problems on the T3`s, that someone said there is a bulletin out about the tethers loosing recognition......do u know anything about this?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Ken, I just read on the thread about starting problems on the T3`s, that someone said there is a bulletin out about the tethers loosing recognition......do u know anything about this?
There was a software update for cold starting and an electrical ferrite module install to help with RF key recognition issues for peeps with a lot of electrical accessories on there sled. Hasn't been a big issue Ken but something to maybe get done when you get your 500km checkover done?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they all need a plate gusset welded in or, the inside welded down the tube also which isn't

This is my next sled project when we have a white gravy drought

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is off my 13. 3100km Seems as though stiffening isn't the issue here as the material around the bolt hole broke away.
I think the cracking and twisting are just the result of the initial failure. New pivot arm cost $100, if I get another 3k I'll be more than satisfied.��
. image.jpg image.jpg

Old mtn. man

Reaction score
There was a software update for cold starting and an electrical ferrite module install to help with RF key recognition issues for peeps with a lot of electrical accessories on there sled. Hasn't been a big issue Ken but something to maybe get done when you get your 500km checkover done?
I had the cold start mapping done a few weeks ago at your shop, but your service guy didn`t have the electrical ferrite in yet. No big deal on that one, as I don`t have any add on`s yet to worry about.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lower bracket is breaking off on a few T3s already so is anyone putting out a "fix" yet.

Carry a spare. Lol. I think they intentionally didn't make it too beefy, the next thing to give will probably be the drop brackets which seemed to have more failures before they went to the tippy thing. I have only personally seen one fail and heard of a couple others, at least they are easy to change.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen multiple t-motion failures. Three on one machine. Guys I ride with have all had them reinforced with an angle iron welded on and we all carry spares that are reinforced. Overkill maybe but better to have it ready in case of a failure I figure.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and the spare fits perfectly underneath the bag that attaches behind the seat on the xm...

Top Bottom