Synthetic line, which is the best for UTV?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to change the cable out on the commander and go synthetic, post what you use or have seen works the best. saw a kit at cycleworks west yesterday that was $139 but for a 1500/2500 lb winch, including fairlead. what's it going to cost for a 4000 lb winch?

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What matt said amsteel blue, havent used it myself ,but have heard a lot of good reviews on it

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use synthetic on the quad and Rzr. Only issue is if you leave slack in the line and give someone a good yank. You will break it.
For winching it works great.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone mention that you can get the cable at greggs or Acklands? For a lot less.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tee it's nice to see you bumpin up those winch capabilities before your virgin ride Hehehe
hahahaha....remember, my buddy has a rzr xp....I think upgrading the winch is smart too. he will appreciate it

can a guy still use the same snatchblock with synthetic line?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsteel rope is awesome! never had an issue. also check this out, same product different size. I run a Viper Elite winch from Moto-Alliance and love it, Plus the company is second to none when it comes to service. Had questions on install and they transfered me right to their installer also the hawse fairlead was missing, called the company and no questions asked overnighted the fairlead to me free of extra expense. I also heard they were gonna come out with a "Break it if you can challenge." If you break it send it in and no questions asked replacment. Dont know if they ever got this program in place but you would have to check with the company. That right there would be a piece of mind.

i ford i

Reaction score
Amsteel rope is awesome! never had an issue. also check this out, same product different size. I run a Viper Elite winch from Moto-Alliance and love it, Plus the company is second to none when it comes to service. Had questions on install and they transfered me right to their installer also the hawse fairlead was missing, called the company and no questions asked overnighted the fairlead to me free of extra expense. I also heard they were gonna come out with a "Break it if you can challenge." If you break it send it in and no questions asked replacment. Dont know if they ever got this program in place but you would have to check with the company. That right there would be a piece of mind.

Thats pretty impressive, I was debating running rope myself instead of cable, pending price and how much work it is to replace the wire.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty impressive, I was debating running rope myself instead of cable, pending price and how much work it is to replace the wire.

Bring a case of beer to my house and the rope. It will be easy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinkin but the guy wants a winch line installed , oh ya bring it out tex will do it an not know the diff. haha i see your madness.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got rope from Super Slings in Nisku. It was cheaper then anything else I found and have had it for three years and no issues! My brother bought warn stuff and it broke really easy!

Top Bottom