Swan Hills

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep if you like your sled stay away from goose until this settles and we get another dump out there, its coming, usually i make my first ride out there around christmas

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
We were out to Swan Hills this past weekend (Saturday the 10th).
We rode right from Town out W/NW towards Goose Tower.
Adequate snow cover - just! Lower snow amounts than most years at this time in the season. Little (no?) base.
Club trails have not been groomed yet this year. Seems they may now have just enough snow to complete an initial groom.
Trail system was (as always) OK and some powder was found.
Out at the end of the Goose Tower loop at the staging areas (where the weigh scales have been in past years) and north we found powder - but - still no base.
Lots of logging activity and they've pushed the road north to the waterfall and around the back side of the ridge W/SW headed back west towards the tower.
Just enough snow to enjoy known trails and logging roads. Even had some fun!!!!!

Bottom line right now - stay on known trails and unused logging roads - stay out of cut blocks (way too many bombs).

Have fun.

Last edited:

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
Here's some pics.................

Attachments

• swan hills 1.jpg
    swan hills 1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 550
  • Swan hills 3.jpg
    Swan hills 3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 547
  • Swan Hills 4.jpg
    Swan Hills 4.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 548
  • swan hills 2.jpg
    swan hills 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 548

Darrell D

Reaction score
We were south of Swan Hills last Sunday, snow all day. had about 6 " fresh over hard pack. Not really great conditions unless you found cut lines or trails that hadn't been beat down by warm temps or rain a few weeks back.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out at swan today. Just went for a quick ride solo to get a few clicks on the new sled so didn't get to far. Snow is definitely set up and they need a good dump. Probably better the farther you get from town.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone wrode out there lately ?? Still enough to ride form goose tower ?

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey go vertical I have the day off on Monday & I think my buddy is gonna bail on me do u want to meet up ?

Top Bottom