Super Duty... Another Stolen

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a top of the lne Viper and had them install the little dummy light on the dash and then I got them to wire an additional light behind the mirror that looks like Hasselhoff's car kit.It is very noticable and looks like I have more than one system in it which I may have.No chip in the key but not hard to tell its wired!So far So good!
catmando!

sledhead65

Reaction score
I still think a pressure switch inside the door connected to 3 ounces of C4 explosive is a fabulous idea, As soon as the little bast@#d knocks out the door lock, all that is left of little Johnny is a smear..yes i am angry.. lol

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I still think a pressure switch inside the door connected to 3 ounces of C4 explosive is a fabulous idea, As soon as the little bast@#d knocks out the door lock, all that is left of little Johnny is a smear..yes i am angry.. lol

Wondering if the 'BUILT FORD TOUGH' truck will take it ? :) ;) :)

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What pisses me off is the border wont let us bring vehicles in from the U.S. because they dont want to lose the market up here.. so they snivel to the govt. then the brain dead bureaucrats block importation because they are not equipped with a disabling device .. but the market only available to us is crap factory security.. i am a pretty laid back guy but i think we should be able to protect our property better.... with with a 300 win mag for example

Hey lets get all really fired up here and tie this all together! They won't let us bring legit vehicles up here, but some how a lot of stolen vehicles get down to the container yards in Florida witch out too much trouble (a little palm greasing I would guess). Ya, I hope you got lots a money to keep the economy going with theft these days. :rant:

sledhead65

Reaction score
Wondering if the 'BUILT FORD TOUGH' truck will take it ?

Probably not.. better test it on a duramax...i wonder if a pguy can get a insurance reduction when you say you have a aftermarket alarm.. just call it the "vaporizer".... with all the names of alarms out there they wont likely catch on!

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Pre '08 Superduties Don't Have "chipped" Ignition Keys(unless Special Ordered Or Added Aftermarket After The Fact.;)

"Pre" must be the first bunch? My production date is June 13, My keys are chipped. I had a aftermarket security and starter installed and have to go back and have it programmed to match the key code as it wont work with the starter. Didn't try it untill it got cold.

Dogbite

Reaction score
Not to sound ignorant or anything but here's my problem with people getting their super duties stolen. Say you buy a brand new S.D. fully loaded alot of guys are jacking them up spending $3000 to $5000 on tires and rims, so that truck is worth approx. $70,000 to $80,000 and these same people dont spend a measly $600 on a top end alarm system. Every vehicle I've owned had an alarm and I've never had a problem, granted their are some theives that know how to beat the alarm but they are few and far between. Sorry if I offended anyone as that was not my intention but it just baffles me why some people wont spend that extra $600!
X2
I've had my SD since '99 and had an alarm with immoblilizer installed. You cannot start it with the key unless you unlock the system with the remote. They say that nothing is bullet proof, but the more obstacles you place in front of a thief, the more likely to find your truck where you parked it.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats because even thiefs don't want to drive Dodges. (sorry, I couldn't resist) :p

Ford didn't chip the keys because you can't start the vehicle when it's cold anyway. :D:D:D

(sorry, I'm so used to starting the dodge when ever I want and the ford has to be plugged in).

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Ford didn't chip the keys because you can't start the vehicle when it's cold anyway. :D:D:D

(sorry, I'm so used to starting the dodge when ever I want and the ford has to be plugged in).
At this point I'm not in a position to be critical of any vehicles cause the transmission on my 05 Chev Duramax is up to its old tricks again.
Anyone have this problem when they are towing something and the transmission goes into safety mode (something with the Allison electronic trans). Basically the transmission won't shift and the engine light comes on. After I shut the truck off and re-start it the tranny seems to function again but engine light still stays on.
Last time it did this I took it to the dealer and they said that I just needed a tranny service done. (even though I had done a tranny service about 20,000 kms earlier).
I got off my wallet for $450 to do the tranny service and it has been O.K. since then. I just wonder if these Allison transmissions really need that frequent servicing or is this just a money grab by G.M.?
I know that the more you haul the more you need to service your transmission, but I don't really haul that often.
Anyone else been on this boat before?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There Is An Inline Transmission Fluid Filter(looks Like A Small Oil Filter) And It Is Recomended To Be Replaced Every 20000kms.... Maybe That Is The Problem?? Either Way, You Should Get Into A Shop And Have The Computer Scanned... When The Check Engine Lite Comes On, There Will Be A Code Stored And You Will Need A Scanner To Retrieve The Code And Diagnose What The Problem Is... Keep Us Informed

Extreme Velocity

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
The Superduty Door Handles Can Be Punched Out Very Easily And Almost No Mark Showing.... The Pre '08 Superduties Don't Have "chipped" Ignition Keys(unless Special Ordered Or Added Aftermarket After The Fact), So The Ignition Tumbler Can Be Damaged Enough To Turn With A Screwdriver(and Quite Neatly Too), And Then Off You Drive........... We Have Repaired Many A Superduty Door Handles And Steering Columns From Theft Recoveries.;)

yeah, I had both door handles busted out at my hotel for the Puyallup sled show this fall...right in front of the hotel! parked in the only place that the security cameras couldn't see my truck...lost expensive binocs, spotting scope, gps, etc. all hidden under the seats...anyone know how to make the door handles less easy to break in?

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
There Is An Inline Transmission Fluid Filter(looks Like A Small Oil Filter) And It Is Recomended To Be Replaced Every 20000kms.... Maybe That Is The Problem?? Either Way, You Should Get Into A Shop And Have The Computer Scanned... When The Check Engine Lite Comes On, There Will Be A Code Stored And You Will Need A Scanner To Retrieve The Code And Diagnose What The Problem Is... Keep Us Informed

Thanx for the input. Any recommendations on which chev dealer in Edmonton has a good service dept? I bought the truck from Devon chev but I haven't been happy with their service dept. I then tried Ron Hodgson and they absolutely took me to the cleaners for some basic service work. I know a great mechanic who is retired, but he doesn't have the fancy computer diagnostic machines. I just want a dealer who gives me the straight facts and doesn't try to get rich on basic service work.
Is that alot to ask?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nicholson Chev &/or Stedelbauer Seem To Have Pretty Decent Service Departments.... However, We Can Probably Help You Out Too, Unless Its Warranty Work, Of Course. We Would Be A Lot Cheaper Than The Dealership, And For The Most Part As Good, Or Better.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Nicholson Chev &/or Stedelbauer Seem To Have Pretty Decent Service Departments.... However, We Can Probably Help You Out Too, Unless Its Warranty Work, Of Course. We Would Be A Lot Cheaper Than The Dealership, And For The Most Part As Good, Or Better.

I still have the balance of my extended warranty, so I think for now I will take it to the dealer. That said, once my warranty is done (in about 10,000 kms) I will definately be happy to bring it elsewhere.
Thanks for the advice.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to make you Ford guys feel better about life. I down loaded some pictures "in my album not smart enough to get them in the forum" of my fire last summer. The Police say it was a gang initiation. I guess they have to commit the most brazen crime they can think of. They started the fire mid afternoon. 2005 Yukon 22000kms, 3 - 80+year old trees, fence, hammock. And a giant pain in the a$$. If it wasn't for the big ran fall we had couple days earlier , we would have potently lost half the nabourhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

sledhead65

Reaction score
300 win mags work great for counter gang initiation as well.. singapore laws need to be applied here, no gangs.. no problem

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the reason the older super dutys are so easy to steal is that on the bottom of the steering colum there is a hole or gap that if you push a screw driver in and then hit it with the back of your hand the entire ignition lock will pop right out of the colum you then push in your own lock and key start the truck and drive away
i have seen a guy do this in under thirty seconds (not at theif it happened to him as well)

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:) The simple way is to put a hidden or remote switch for your fuel pumps.....no fuel no go:D

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are about 10-15 duties stolen every day in Edmonton. In and gone in less then 5 minutes. Clubs help but aren't perfect. Alarms help but are defeated. Both combined fairly successful.
Maybe the judges should keep these thieves in Jail...Police arrest them...the walk out of remand or eyoc and go steal another one.

Top Bottom