summit 700.

IanH

Reaction score
looking to buy a 2000 Zx 700 151. it has dpm can and pipe, new track. has compression of 126, and starts first pull. can get it for 3500$ im just wonderin if everyone thinks its a good buy or not. it will be my first mountain sled big upgrade from a 380. it also has light weight hood and tunnel. 8" bar riser, big wheel kit, clutch kit, dropped and rolled also. ready to roll, im also mainly wonderin if a 126 is a good compression and if 3500 is a good buy if its in good shape?

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds great but if you want my advice, save up some more money or borrow it to get yourself into a rev chassis. 5500 bucks or so will get you into a 2004 or newer and now is a good time to look cause of all the snow checks arriving soon a peeps trying to dump trade ins. i'm riding a xp and still have my o4 summit 800, it was so fun to ride a couldn't sell. Anyways save up and move up to rev chassis........good luck

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with milton, my first mountian sled was a 2000 700 (bought it in 2005) and i regrette now not spending more and getting a REV. the rid and feel is second to none. more power and handeling. I am not knocking the ZX crowd but you will find that a stock REV will generial out preform a mildly modifyed ZX any day. (depending on the rider) :d

IanH

Reaction score
thanks. i think i might go with the zx. though i found a 05 rev 800 with a 144 handle bar riser and a can is all thats done to it, but i can get it for 4500. and has 2600km i think.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same sled short of the drop and roll and big wheel kit. It worked awesome, for 3500 if it's in good shape it's a good deal. I had did my topend at 6600km and I was 130psi for compression so 126 is still decent. I never had any issues with mine short of crashed induced moments. Spent alot of time setting mine up best combo that I found was 18 topgear 45 bottom gear, Team secondary with mountain magic's helix and stock primary settings. With that I could pull climb after climb and not drop below 8200rpm.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. i think i might go with the zx. though i found a 05 rev 800 with a 144 handle bar riser and a can is all thats done to it, but i can get it for 4500. and has 2600km i think.

Only a thousand more man, get the rev, and it will last you for a very long time with only a top end job. IMHO

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i have a buddy that has a 2006 REV 800 151" track that he want to get rid of. It was his wifes sled, and she wanted a new XP. its a non x package, and is blue and black. let me know. i think he is asking $6000 OBO

deathtoll

Reaction score
i agree with the guys go rev but if its just not an option i would buy that summit but i would get rid of that light wight hood i have one on my sled and the guy i bought it from said go back to a stock hood because it dont take long to over heat well thats just my
2cents

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

GO WITH THE REV!!! You won't be disappointed. I got into the rider forward seating last year on an 04 REV 800 and it is so much nicer than the lower seating. Not just for comfort but handling too. Whole different world with rider forward. With all the rig guys out of work there must be some great repo sales around Alberta. :beer:

IanH

Reaction score
hey thanks for every ones input i found a smoking deal a 2005 summit 800 rev 151 dropped and rolled 8' big wheel kit, klutched for mountain riding, boss seat light weight can 2250 km, polished tunnel, 6 inch riser, blah blah blah...... got it for 4 cash so i dont think i could have gone wrong with compression of 130 in both cylanders.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the rev. I had an 02 ZX 800 summit, great sled but then i bought the rev. I love it.

Top Bottom