strange noise

1hellion

Reaction score
I have a 03 rev 800 w\ new motor and its starting to make a strange noise at steady speed, almost like a fluttering noise, really loud in deep snow.
Any one have an idea?

Frank Swang

Reaction score
i also have a 03 rev and hearing a strange sounds, i think it is the clutch as it sounds like rubbing or grinding metal. it is the worst at 6000 rpm
what are you hearing?

1hellion

Reaction score
Mine dont sound like metal its more like a string flapping around its not all the time

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
maybe a string is pulling out of your belt and you here that flapping around, herd the same thing when i was about to blow a belt on my 06 rev

1hellion

Reaction score
new belt. Do you think it could be the reeds making that nosie? have boysens in it.

1hellion

Reaction score
no it still has all power. between both cly. running about 20 derg. diff

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it your track racheting ,a real fast loud clickin noise when on the throttle.The reeds wouldn't do anything except flood it ,if they were all chipped,

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
I had a rattling noise that developed last year and caused me some concern. It started around 6000 RPM and higher. I thought it might have been the belt as a cord was tearing on the edge but it still made noise after changing the belt. I thought about it possible being the clutch.

I found the issue last week. A lower exhaust manifold bolt came loose and fell out. Some other manifold bolts also loosened up and the noise was an exhaust leak at higher RPMs.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailcrusader your sled must have had a noticable power difference then,even a crack in the crotch of the Y pipe and you would notice power loss.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
Trailcrusader your sled must have had a noticable power difference then,even a crack in the crotch of the Y pipe and you would notice power loss.

I haven't had it out since tighting up the bolts and cleaning the RAVE valves. It wasn't a large leak but I won't turn down some extra HP.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh no with an exaust leak you can lose ALOT of power, i lost a couple bolts off my 440 once and i couldnt even get close to 7500 rpm at all

Top Bottom