Stock turbo t3 from doo for 2016

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who doesn't get at least 100km to a tank? In and out of Renshaw is 70km right there?

You're right. 100 miles to a tank, I should have said. Turbo units don't always get 100 kms on 40 liters. But I'm no expert. They probably don't use any more on the trail than an n/a sled.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe how good my turbo is on fuel. Havent had any super deep stuff to try it out in yet, but with just average riding it really isnt much different than a stocker.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe how good my turbo is on fuel. Havent had any super deep stuff to try it out in yet, but with just average riding it really isnt much different than a stocker.

Found the same thing with mine. Only running 4psi but uses almost no more fuel than the stock sleds.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
One thing everybody always forgets about... "MARKETING". Do they have two or three engine ptototypes one of which is probably ready to go into produtcion? Of course.... Do they have a turbo they could put into production? Probably... but WHY would they do that? Especially when polaris just released a sled in my opinion is a match for the regular summits and dont even have anything to compete with thier last big release yet.... They can run BNG this year with a few simple tweaks and get everyone that had cold feet last year or the "Ill wait a year and see how it works!"
Year 1- All the die hards that want the "NEW STUFF"
Year 2- All the guys that wanted to wait and see how it worked
Year 3- Usually a track upgrade or engine upgrade, A large portion of mountain sledders ditch year one while there is still a year of warranty left
Year 4- See year two
look at the xp.... power tech, power tech, e-tech, 2.5" track
now look at the xm.... e-tech, e-tech, t3, ???? <----my guess would be ride the wave

Now lets go back and look at what would happen if they released a 250 horsepower 174 3"
Year one- everyone buys one
year two- still best sled on market nobody buys
year three- nobody needs a better sled yet
year four- cant possibly get more power
year five- BRP rec devision goes under

Thines

Reaction score
maxwell not all kits are that way. My 09m8 with a twisted kits yes... But on the other hand my 14 xm with instaboost, i can clip along down the trail pretty good at 5800-6000 rpm an not be making any boost, burning no more fuel than a n/a motor would.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to 2 BRP dealers and both were very vocal on NO TURBO in '16. They both said there will be very minor tweaks to the mountain sleds and the major changes are going to be for the east coast rider. Might be a big change to the crossovers and trail sleds but I don't see a major change to the mountain sleds for 2-3 seasons.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Polaris certainly isn't giving Skidoo any incentive to up there game next season. I here the new Cat is supposed to be 175hp stock though...

The new axys rmk is a nice sled I haven't read anywhere if the new gauges are in the RMK yet tho.
The poo has supposedly has more power ( dynoed alittle more than the etec), lighter weight and a deeper lug track, in a chassis that's more efficient than the Xm's. Still no quick drive tensioner which puzzles me.
I'm curious if the terrain dominator will offer a track longer than a 163. It's only early yet.

No doubt there will be improvement to the 15 doo lineup I'm hoping extra ponies is one of them not with a turbo. I seen a lot of green on t3's this year I wonder if there will be a green t3 next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing everybody always forgets about... "MARKETING". Do they have two or three engine ptototypes one of which is probably ready to go into produtcion? Of course.... Do they have a turbo they could put into production? Probably... but WHY would they do that? Especially when polaris just released a sled in my opinion is a match for the regular summits and dont even have anything to compete with thier last big release yet.... They can run BNG this year with a few simple tweaks and get everyone that had cold feet last year or the "Ill wait a year and see how it works!"
Year 1- All the die hards that want the "NEW STUFF"
Year 2- All the guys that wanted to wait and see how it worked
Year 3- Usually a track upgrade or engine upgrade, A large portion of mountain sledders ditch year one while there is still a year of warranty left
Year 4- See year two
look at the xp.... power tech, power tech, e-tech, 2.5" track
now look at the xm.... e-tech, e-tech, t3, ???? <----my guess would be ride the wave

Now lets go back and look at what would happen if they released a 250 horsepower 174 3"
Year one- everyone buys one
year two- still best sled on market nobody buys
year three- nobody needs a better sled yet
year four- cant possibly get more power
year five- BRP rec devision goes under

You basically nailed it on the head! But you forgot one thing suspension. Xp went two seasons before suspension upgrades were done. Than another two before the Xm's with the tmotion. This year doo released the track and the suspension the same year with the T3 so what is possibly left for next year. Three things come to mind, hp and chassis or absolutely nothing at all other than refinements to the 15 MY.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You basically nailed it on the head! But you forgot one thing suspension. Xp went two seasons before suspension upgrades were done. Than another two before the Xm's with the tmotion. This year doo released the track and the suspension the same year with the T3 so what is possibly left for next year. Three things come to mind, hp and chassis or absolutely nothing at all other than refinements to the 15 MY.

I skipped a year of power tech. 2009 is considered a do over lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The new axys rmk is a nice sled I haven't read anywhere if the new gauges are in the RMK yet tho.
The poo has supposedly has more power ( dynoed alittle more than the etec), lighter weight and a deeper lug track, in a chassis that's more efficient than the Xm's. Still no quick drive tensioner which puzzles me.
I'm curious if the terrain dominator will offer a track longer than a 163. It's only early yet.

No doubt there will be improvement to the 15 doo lineup I'm hoping extra ponies is one of them not with a turbo. I seen a lot of green on t3's this year I wonder if there will be a green t3 next season.

You can argue the chassis until you turn blue... But what are you talking about? lol. You are comparing Polaris's best sled... against ski-doo's medium level sled? Is everyone just forgetting about the T3 becuase its an unfiar comparison? I know it wouldnt be that way if the shoe was on the other foot! lol

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can argue the chassis until you turn blue... But what are you talking about? lol. You are comparing Polaris's best sled... against ski-doo's medium level sled? Is everyone just forgetting about the T3 becuase its an unfiar comparison? I know it wouldnt be that way if the shoe was on the other foot! lol

Everything of Ski-Doo is Medium Level at Best isnt it?? They are so far more superior that there is no way to say any Model is better than the other in the Doo line Up.........
:smiliestirthepot:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No I just talking about the the chassis style in general. The pro chassis is like a knife going through the snow making it more efficient then the xp/XM. The bloody large side panels are retarded on the doo. Over the years how many time have you read or experienced the primary contacting the side panel, which is also aggravated by the narrow skistance.

Poo hasn't even released their best sled yet anyway. May even see a 3" option but I highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using The terrible app called Tapatalk

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I just talking about the the chassis style in general. The pro chassis is like a knife going through the snow making it more efficient then the xp/XM. The bloody large side panels are retarded on the doo. Over the years how many time have you read or experienced the primary contacting the side panel, which is also aggravated by the narrow skistance.

Poo hasn't even released their best sled yet anyway. May even see a 3" option but I highly doubt it.

I agree caper, great sled ,lots of fun ,dependable , good motor, but I think the biggest reason I prefer the pro chassis over Doo is those big fat sticky out cheeks, feel like I'm trying to get my legs around a barrel. You'd almost think by now they would have addressed that, they have brought the skis in so far that it looks kinda goofy with the skis under the belly pan. Ive ridden the T3 a few times this year and I like it, fun sled, best one from Doo ever IMO. Good on em, but I think if Poo comes out with a motor equal to the etec, Doo's numbers are gonna shrink pretty fast.
And I'm not on either one of them last year or this year.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree caper, great sled ,lots of fun ,dependable , good motor, but I think the biggest reason I prefer the pro chassis over Doo is those big fat sticky out cheeks, feel like I'm trying to get my legs around a barrel. You'd almost think by now they would have addressed that, they have brought the skis in so far that it looks kinda goofy with the skis under the belly pan. Ive ridden the T3 a few times this year and I like it, fun sled, best one from Doo ever IMO. Good on em, but I think if Poo comes out with a motor equal to the etec, Doo's numbers are gonna shrink pretty fast.
And I'm not on either one of them last year or this year.

i hear this alot but when you hop on a pro the front end on that thing is HUGE. maybe narrower....but so much hood and panel out front. its like an extremely light version of my 2001 zx LOOL. There is one advantage to having the panels wide like that which i noticed alot after riding a couple pros this weekend. You can elevator with much more control by panneling it out to gain some speed then lowering a ski down a touch to get back into sidehill.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
i hear this alot but when you hop on a pro the front end on that thing is HUGE. maybe narrower....but so much hood and panel out front. its like an extremely light version of my 2001 zx LOOL. There is one advantage to having the panels wide like that which i noticed alot after riding a couple pros this weekend. You can elevator with much more control by panneling it out to gain some speed then lowering a ski down a touch to get back into sidehill.

Yup totally agree, and just wanted to say that even when it it's sliding down a some what setup hill on the side panel I have yet to have the clutch rub on the panel on my 14

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I found the Pro to be very long in the front as well when just hoping from sled to sled but now that I have ridden it all season it feels and appears no longer when riding it. Ditch the ugly windshield and right away it feels better.

They say the new Axys won't elevator as much. I am not sure I like that without riding it. I find the Pro will always move forward even when elevatoring and as you say paneling out to gain speed again if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup totally agree, and just wanted to say that even when it it's sliding down a some what setup hill on the side panel I have yet to have the clutch rub on the panel on my 14

This is the inside foam on my side panel of my XM, the new clutch cover helps keep the panel off the clutch.

Top Bottom